The Brothers Brick gives you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our Weekly Brick Report for the second week of April 2017.
TBB NEWS & REVIEWS: What a week for news! We learned about four new sets and reviewed three other sets for your LEGO enjoyment.
- Review of LEGO 71018 Collectible Minifigures Series 17 – A rocket ship, corn on the cob and a mystery fig, oh my! Your first look at Series 17 is here.
- Star Wars Celebration exclusive set revealed: Detention Block Rescue – LEGO has revealed an exclusive set, Detention Block Rescue, which will be available for purchase by some lucky attendees at the annual Star Wars Celebration next week in Orlando, Florida.
- LEGO Rebrick reveals upcoming sets from The LEGO Ninjago Movie – Take a peek at a nifty red mecha and an awesome green dragon set, courtesy of LEGO Rebrick.
- Review of LEGO Architecture 21035 Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum – Frank Lloyd Wright’s museum gets a second go at the LEGO Architecture line, but is it better than the first?
- Review of LEGO Technic 40th Anniversary Car Chassis – To celebrate 40 years of Technic sets, LEGO created up-to-date instructions for the legendary 8860 Car Chassis set from 1980.
- Review of LEGO Star Wars 75172 Y-wing Starfighter from Rogue One – This is the fifth minifig-scale Y-wing that LEGO has released since 1999 and the largest at 691 pieces.
- Amazon Sales include deals on Batman, Spider-Man, Frozen, and City sets – This week Amazon has discounts on many sets, but the highlights include a Frozen set at a great price, five Super Hero sets, and two LEGO City fire sets!
TBB INTERVIEWS & INSTRUCTIONS: Buildable droids and a Star Wars interview! What a time to be alive.
- Instructions to build a GONK droid from Star Wars – French builder Eric Druon recreates a classic Star Wars GONK power droid and shows us how he did it.
- An interview with builder Amado Canlas Pinlac – Arms outstretched as always, we chat with the builder of all things Star Wars.