Forty-two years ago, the very first Star Wars movie hit the cinema screens. Even though Episode IV was added to its title later, A New Hope was the first glimpse of the adventures in a galaxy far, far away. It was the first time the audience learned about the droids, Jedi, and, of course, about the Force. The film also revealed dozens of starships and land vehicles. Two of the most important ships appeared in the film’s opening shot. The first of them was the Tantive IV, released in LEGO-form this year as set 75244 Tantive IV. The product contains 1,768 pieces and retails for US $199.99 | CAN $269.99 | UK £179.99. Today, we are taking a closer look at the “consular ship on a diplomatic mission” and searching for intelligence stolen by the Rebels…
In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the first week of May 2019.
Star Wars mania has been in full swing in the lead up to May 4th weekend. Read on to see some new product announcements and even more LEGO news of the week.
TBB REVIEWS & FEATURES: We dig deep for the new LEGO Collectible Minifigures 71024 Disney Series 2 and have a chat with our own Rod Gillies about his upcoming LEGO Star Wars Build Your Own Adventure book.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigures 71024 Disney Series 2 Feel Guide – The new Disney Series 2 Minifigs have dropped and we have your feel guide to finding your favorite characters in the crowd.
- New LEGO Star Wars Build Your Own Adventure book — exclusive first look and interview – We take an early peek at the New LEGO Star Wars Build Your Own Adventure book and talk with author, builder, and TBB Senior Contributor Rod Gillies.
- Exclusive interview with LEGO Star Wars head of design Jens Kronveld Frederiksen – TBB Editor-in-Chief Andrew Becraft sits down with the head of design for the LEGO Star Wars theme.
MORE TBB NEWS: From the LEGO BOOST Droid Commander reveal to three new Summer 2019 Harry Potter sets, we have your other LEGO news of the week including a look behind the scenes of the new Tantive VI with its designers.
- Build and program your own Star Wars droid with this LEGO BOOST Droid Commander set – LEGO announced a new Star Wars themed set for the BOOST that allows you to program one of three droids including R2-D2.
- LEGO Star Wars Tantive IV now available with Battle of Hoth freebie, double VIP points and more – The Tantive IV arrives in stores in time for May 4th.
- LEGO Star Wars set designers share some secrets of the upcoming 75244 Tantive IV – LEGO set designer César Soares and graphic designer Maddy O’Neil give us a look behind the scenes of the new Tantive VI.
- Six LEGO Harry Potter sets officially revealed including Knight Bus, Triwizard Tournament and Advent Calendar – LEGO officially announces the remaining three Harry Potter sets for Summer 2019 along with a holiday Advent Calendar
LEGO is celebrating May the Fourth a day early by making Star Wars 75244 Tantive IV available for purchase for VIP members. The set comes with 1,768 pieces and six minifigures including Princess Leia and Bail Organa, and sells for US $199.99 | CAN $269.99 | UK £179.99. The set will be available generally starting tomorrow.
In addition to the Tantive IV, LEGO is offering quite a few freebies including the exclusive 195-piece 40333 Battle of Hoth with LEGO Star Wars purchases of $75 US / £75 UK, double VIP points on all LEGO Star Wars purchases and other sales that vary by store and region.
Additionally, the elusive 70842 Emmet’s Triple-Decker Couch Mech from The LEGO Movie 2 is now available for US $29.99 | CAN $3.99 | UK £24.99 as well as the new Disney Collectible Minifigure Series 2 for US $3.99 | CAN $4.99 | UK £2.99 each (read our feel guide here to help find your favorite characters).
Add that to the 21 sets launched late last month from Toy Story 4, Spider-Man, and The LEGO Movie 2 and we have ourselves the beginning of a very promising summer in terms of new LEGO sets.
LEGO has revealed 75244 Tantive IV, the Rebel corvette featured in the opening shot of Star Wars: A New Hope, the very first Star Wars film ever released. The set comes with 1,768 pieces and six minifigures including Bail Organa, Princess Leia, Captain Antilles, a Rebel Fleet Trooper, C-3PO and R2-D2. The Tantive IV will be available for purchase from LEGO starting May 3rd for US $199.99 | CAN $269.99 | UK £179.99.
Interestingly the set is not labeled as an Ultimate Collectors Series (UCS) set nor as a Master Builder Series (MBS) playset, though the packaging is similar to both. Instead it looks more akin to an up-scaled and more detailed version of the 10198 Tantive IV released a decade ago.
In addition to this newly revealed set, don’t miss the rest of the LEGO summer 2019 sets reveals, and be sure to check out the new Toy Story 4, Spider-Man, and The LEGO Movie 2 sets that just went sale a few days ago: