The new OK Go video for “This Too Shall Pass” only includes a few seconds of LEGO, but the non-stop Rube Goldberg awesomeness is too, well, awesome to pass up.
Ryan Wood (lights) rocks. Also, he built a CubeDude, which also rocks.
I love the tattoos on his arm, and how he’s holding the whammy bar.
Speaking of LEGO Rock Band, the video game is due out next month, and the full track list has been announced. (I’ve been avoiding dedicating a whole post to this. Sorry for hijacking your CubeDude for news purposes, Ry.)
- All American Rejects: “Swing, Swing”
- The Kooks: “Naïve”
- The Automatic: “Monster”
- KoRn: “Word Up!”
- Blink-182: “Aliens Exist”
- KT Tunstall: “Suddenly I See”
- Blur: “Song 2”
- Lostprophets: “Rooftops”
- Bon Jovi: “You Give Love a Bad Name”
- P!NK: “So What”
- Boys like Girls: “Thunder”
- The Police: “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic”
- Bryan Adams: “Summer of 69”
- The Primitives: “Crash”
- Carl Douglas: “Kung Fu Fighting”
- Queen: “We Are The Champions”
- The Coral: “Dreaming of You”
- Queen: “We Will Rock You”
- Counting Crows: “Accidentally in Love”
- Rascal Flatts: “Life is a Highway”
- David Bowie: “Let’s Dance”
- Ray Parker Jr.: “Ghostbusters”
- Elton John: “Crocodile Rock”
- Razorlight: “Stumble and Fall”
- Europe: “The Final Countdown”
- Spin Doctors: “Two Princes”
- Everlife: “Real Wild Child”
- Spinal Tap: “Short & Sweet”
- Foo Fighters: “Breakout”
- Steve Harly: “Make Me Smile”
- Good Charlotte: “Girls & Boys”
- Sum 41: “In Too Deep”
- The Hives: “Tick Tick Boom!”
- Supergrass: “Grace”
- Iggy Pop: “The Passenger”
- Tom Petty: “Free Fallin”
- Incubus: “Dig”
- T-Rex: “Ride a White Swan”
- Jackson 5: “I Want You Back”
- Vampire Weekend: “A-Punk”
- Jimi Hendrix: “Fire”
- We the Kings: “Check Yes Juliet”
- Kaiser Chiefs: “Ruby”
- The Zutons: “Valerie”
- Katrina & The Waves: “Walking on Sunshine”
The latest updates indicate that stars like Iggy Pop will be making an appearance in the game.
Here’s the full list of potentially playable characters.
- Iggy Pop
- David Bowie
Rock and roll may not be noise pollution, but it can apparently bring down an otherwise indestructible building.
Whatever you thought of Michael Jackson later in his life, he leaves behind a legacy of iconic songs and amazing music videos. Ciamoslaw Ciamek captures Michael doing the moonwalk in “Smooth Criminal”.
Kotaku spent some time at E3 playing the upcoming LEGO Rock Band game and reports some early impressions:
The problem with this game is all in the name. LEGO Rock Band makes you wonder “why LEGO?” Maybe “Rock Band: Play Rock Band With Your Kids” would have been better.
Because if you don’t have kids, this game is largely pointless. It’s Rock Band, except with a more pedestrian songlist, and no real changes to the way the game is structured, or plays.
But that’s if you don’t have kids. If you do have kids around, and want a game to play with them, well. This looks pretty damn good.
Read the full article on Kotaku.
And in case you missed it, here’s the game’s trailer: