The end of LEGO Black Friday deals come to an end with a few more great deals on 30% discounts including the Modular Creator Parisian Restaurant and IDEAS Voltron. These are available on the US and Canada LEGO Online shop. Over the past few days, we’ve noticed good deals go fast, so if you see something you’ve been eyeing, now’s the time to get them. Scroll down for the UK deals that was released earlier today.
LEGO shop has just dropped their final sales deals for December 2nd ending the Black Friday streak of discounts. These sets are definitely worth getting at the 30% discounted rate if you don’t already own them especially for the Star Wars Droid Commander set which gives you hours of fun and play. The US and Canadian store discounts will go live later today, stay tuned for them.
In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the fourth week of November 2019.
The biggest fish in the pond just got bigger, and the classic 1989 Batmobile got smaller. Read on for all the LEGO news that’s fit to brick.
TBB NEWS AND REVIEWS: This was an action-packed week for LEGO news, with LEGO announcing a new Speed Champions set along with their recent acquisition of Bricklink. We also reviewed the new 1989 Batmobile and some custom minifigures from Citizen Brick.
- The LEGO Group acquires BrickLink from Nexon founder Jay Kim for undisclosed sum – interview with LEGO CMO Julia Goldin [News] – The recently announced aquisition has many Bricklink buyers and sellers concerned about the future of the secondary market for new and used LEGO.
- LEGO 1989 Batmobile now available for purchase online with free Mini Batmobile offer [News] – What could be better than building the classic 1989 jet-powered Batmobile? How about building two of them!
- Citizen Brick custom minifigs bring the Beastie Boys, Bob Ross, & more for Black Friday 2019 [Review] – Happy fluffy clouds, sharp, irreverent lyrics, nihilists, and rugs that really tie the room together.
- New LEGO Star Wars Mandalorian Battle Pack to hit stores late December [News] – With the latest battle pack coming in December, you will be able to re-create the stellar scenes from Disney+’s Mandalorian.
- How good is the LEGO Batman 40433 1989 Batmobile set that comes free with the giant Batmobile? [Review] – Check out our review of the smaller Batmobile that comes as a free gift with the purchase of LEGO Batman 76139 1989 Batmobile.
- LEGO reveals Speed Champions 76896 Nissan GT-R Nismo [News] – The latest addition to the Speed Champions race team is the sleek, white & black Nissan GT-R Nismo.
- Fabian’s marvelous marbled bricks [Feature] – Norwegian LEGO collector Fabian Lindblad shares artful photographs of rare marbled LEGO bricks.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- LEGO space set in space!, LEGO – To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the LEGO Space theme, LEGO sent a space LEGO set to space, and it is out of this world.
- The Greatest Competition Ever Built, Fox – Previously exclusive to the UK and Australia, hit TV show LEGO Masters is coming to America next year on FOX. Check out the official trailer.
- Single use plastic retail bags to be phased out of LEGO® Stores in 2020, LEGO – LEGO announced a plan to replace plastic bags in their retail stores with a more sustainable solution.
- Wrapped in thousands of lights LEGO House is ready to celebrate the Christmas season, LEGO House – Visitors to the LEGO House in Billund this holiday season will be treated to a stunning display of lights.
- Toys ‘R’ Us is back with its first new store in the US. Here’s what you need to know, CNN – Toys ‘R’ Us returned to the U.S. this week in Paramus, New Jersey. Found out how the shopping experience in this new store differs from the previously departed retail chain.
LEGO Black Friday deals carry on over the weekend featuring new sets that go on deep discounts of 30%. Note that the UK store has different offers compared to those on the US and Canadian stores. For the UK Store, these include the Master Builder Series 75222 Star Wars Betrayal at Cloud City and favourites from Harry Potter featuring the 75948 Hogwarts™ Clock Tower. Even the largest Hidden Side set from the series 70425 Newbury Haunted High School is listed. On the US/CAN store, the Carousell and Hulkbuster Ultron Edition have been on the shelves for quite a while and potentially to be the end of shelf life soon. It’s a good time to pick up these deals on the LEGO Store to celebrate the end year festivities as Christmas gifts to make that loved one elated. Scroll further below for the US and Canada offers.
75222 Betrayal at Cloud City™ | Read our Review
Retail Price: GBP £299.99 | Sale Price GBP £209.99
Although these have been seen in retail stores for a while now, the Brickheadz Kylo Ren and Sith Trooper are now available on LEGO Online stores (Dec 1st). Featuring Kylo’s signature Lightsaber and helmet, and the Sith Trooper’s weapon and unique red armour. These two characters will be appearing in the upcoming movie Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker hitting the big screen on December 20th, 2019.
The Black Friday doorbuster offers carry right into Saturday with the following going on 30% discounts. They are certainly good bargains indeed for you to consider if you haven’t picked them up just yet. The good stuff tends to run out fast, don’t hesitate if you’ve already made up your mind.
It’s Black Friday on Amazon and here are some of the deals that are worth looking at. Featuring themes from Star Wars to the popular LEGO Ideas, these are great to have in any collection especially when some of these are priced at a 30% discount (or more)
The LEGO 76139 1989 Batmobile is now available for purchase online at LEGO Stores. If you need a reason to buy it, but can’t find one just yet, remember to read our review to help tip the scale over.
LEGO’s Black Friday doorbusters are starting, giving 20% to 30% off a variety of sets, including some large favorites that are among our best-reviewed sets. These kinds of deals often have limited quantities, so it’s best to be quick on the draw if you spot something you’d like. We’ve reviewed many of these sets, so you can always take a quick peek at what we thought of the set if you’re on the fence.
Our friends at Citizen Brick have been cooking up a new batch of brand new, pad-printed, custom minifigures for Black Friday this year. They kindly sent us the full assortment to share with everyone ahead of their availability on Friday morning. One of the things we love about Citizen Brick is their cheekily named product names, and this batch is no different, with “Party Rights Enthusiasts,” “Painting Enthusiast,” and many more — all cleverly named but instantly recognizable.
German toy seller JB Spielwaren has released images of the new 75267 Mandalorian Battle Pack, slated to be in stores starting December 26. The set is based off of characters from The Mandalorian series currently airing on Disney+.
75267 Mandalorian Battle Pack | 102 pcs | $14.99 USD
The new battle pack comes with four unique Mandalorian warriors, a speeder and a small hideout. Resurfacing in this set is the Balutar-class swoop, an updated version of the same speeder that was featured in the 7914 Mandalorian Battle Pack set.
The set follows the announcements of 10 more LEGO Star Wars sets in 2020. Check them out, along with the rest of the 2020 sets, and then get a closer look at the new battle pack below.
- LEGO Star Wars 2020 sets
- LEGO Speed Champions 76896 Nissan GT-R Nismo
- LEGO Speed Champions 75898 Formula E Panasonic Jaguar Racing GEN2 car & Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY
- LEGO Speed Champions 76899 Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo EVO & Urus ST-X
- LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari F8 Turbo & 1985 Audi Sport Quattro S1
- LEGO Architecture Dubai and Tokyo
- LEGO City 2020 sets Part 1
- LEGO Chinese New Year 2020 sets
- LEGO Creator 2020 sets
- LEGO Hidden Side 2020 sets
- LEGO Ninjago 2020 sets
- LEGO Technic 2020 sets
- LEGO Technic 42109 App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car
- LEGO Trolls World Tour 2020
The LEGO group announced today that it is acquiring LEGO marketplace website BrickLink. BrickLink was founded in 2000 by the late LEGO fan Dan Jezek, and was purchased from Dan’s family in 2013 by mobile game company Nexon founder and entrepeneur Jung-Ju “Jay” Kim. Over the past six years, the new owners, via Mr. Kim’s investment company NXMH, have taken the website in a number of new directions, including a “MOC Shop”, Stud.io virtual LEGO design software and the AFOL Designer Program earlier this year.
Although the official press release is fairly light on details, prior to the announcement today, LEGO invited The Brothers Brick to conduct a one-on-one interview with Julia Goldin, Chief Marketing Officer for the LEGO Group. We asked Ms. Goldin about potential conflicts of interest in LEGO now owning a large proportion of the secondary market for its own product, the future of the community-driven BrickLink catalog, and more. Read our in-depth interview in the article below. We’ll also have more analysis and discussion in the coming days.