This week LEGO’s new Technic Bugatti Chiron dominated the news, but it wasn’t the only set revealed. This is our Brick Report for the last week of May and first week of June 2018.
TBB NEWS: This week LEGO announced several new sets, including a new fan-designed set from the LEGO Ideas platform.
- Pop-up book to become next LEGO Ideas set — Beating out six other entries, this pop-up book will definitely be breaking new ground for LEGO.
- 3600-piece LEGO Technic 42083 Bugatti Chiron unveiled — LEGO’s latest entry for the premium Technic supercars lineup is the Bugatti Chiron, an ultra-fast luxury car.
- Activision-Blizzard announces LEGO Overwatch sets — The company behind the popular competitive online shooter revealed that they’ve reached a deal with LEGO to license Overwatch for construction sets.
- LEGO’s summer wave of sets now available — The new Arctic exploration line of City sets is now available, along with sets from Ant-Man & The Wasp, the new Architecture sets of the Statue of Liberty and the Great Wall of China, and more.
- Elsa, Anna, and Olaf BrickHeadz announced — Frozen joins the BrickHeadz pantheon with three characters, including a smaller design for Olaf.
- Darth Vader and Stormtrooper BrickHeadz announced — More new Star Wars BrickHeadz are coming, including classic characters from the original films with Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper.
- The LEGO Movie 2 officially announced — Long rumored, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part has been officially announced with a release slated for next February
- LEGO City Trains will use Power Functions 2.0 — We’ve got some details on the new Power Functions 2.0 system and how it will be used to integrate with two new LEGO City train sets.
- Brothers Brick updates to meet new GDPR requirements from the European Union — You’ve probably seen a new privacy notification when you visit our site in the last few weeks. Here’s why that is and what we’re doing to look out for your privacy.
TBB REVIEWS: We’ve got an in-depth review of LEGO Technic’s new flagship Bugatti Chiron, along with amazing new sets like the Creator Expert Roller Coaster and the Solo movie sets.
- Review of 42083 Bugatti Chiron — The new Technic supercar features LEGO’s most complex gearbox ever, with a fully functioning 8-speed transmission and multiple brand new elements.
- Review of 10261 Roller Coaster — The fairgrounds just got a whole lot more exciting with this working roller coaster joining the Creator Expert lineup, especially when it’s motorized.
- Review of Netflix’s The Toys That Made Us — Netflix’s nostalgia-driven toy show aired an episode focusing on LEGO. We check out how it stacked up from an adult-fan perspective in this review.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story movie vs sets comparison — Now that the movie is out and we’ve all seen it, how do the LEGO models fair in comparison to their on-screen counterparts?
- Review of Ninjago 70653 Firstbourne — We’re checking out the biggest dragon from Ninjago’s new summer wave.
OTHER LEGO NEWS: There were a few other LEGO news articles from varying places around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- LEGO celebrates Danica Patrick with life-size model, LEGO social media — Racecar driver Danica Patrick is memorialized in brick form to celebrate her final race.
- Kohls to carry LEGO, USA Today — In the wake of the demise of retail giant Toys R Us, Kohls has stepped into the gap, announcing they will beef up their toy selection, including LEGO products.
- Massive LEGO dinosaur sculpture for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom opening, LEGO social media — LEGO is collaborating with Universal Studios to promote the opening of the new film with this awesome velociraptor sculpture.