Ben Caukins spent the past 7 months constructing the Normandy SR2 from Mass Effect, proving yet again that he’s not afraid to build large curved ships. The ship measures almost 4 feet long with a wingspan of 19 inches. It will be displayed at Brickworld this weekend in Chicago. You can check out work-in-progress pictures on Flickr.
Brian Williams delivers a stunning rendition of the warehouse scene from Indiana Jones. It took me a while to realize there were mirrors used to create the illusion of depth, for the actual diorama is much smaller. If you spend more time taking a closer look, you might find some good laughs in the crate labels.
Jarek‘s sci-fi vehicles have some of the smoothest contours I’ve seen, and his latest starfighter is no exception. Take note of how well those wedge plates complement the flow of the cement mixer half cylinders.
This sculpture of the Fell Beast by captainsmog captured the ferocity of this menacing creature from The Lord of the Rings. Having the creature pose on the sharp rock formation gave the model a much more dynamic appearance.
Ryxe and Sanna has been working on a Lego model of the Czech Hluboká Castle for the majority of the past year. From the looks of it the model’s footprint is larger than a twin-sized bed. While size doesn’t always make a Lego creation great, there are sufficient details to be admired such as the windows on the round towers and other wall decors. While there aren’t additional edited photos, you can find work-in-progress shots in the builder’s Flickr photostream.
If you’re planning on attending Brick Fiesta in Dallas but have not yet registered, you have until the end of May to do so and get your engraved badge. Visit Brick Fiesta’s website for registration details.
There’s some decent deals on Lego Star Wars sets on Amazon ranging from 20-34% off.
- 9488 Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack / $8.55 (34%)
- 75003 A-wing Starfighter / $17.99 (28%)
- 9492 Tie Fighter / $40.85 (26%)
- 9493 X-Wing Starfighter / $45.60 (24%)
There are also other Star Wars sets marked at 20% off. See the list of Lego Star Wars sets on Amazon.
Amazon has some decent deals on Lego architecture sets ranging from 21-34% off.
- 21009 Farnsworth House / $59.99 / $47.66 (21%)
- 21004 Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum / $44.99 / $31.78 (29%)
- 21002 Empire State Building / $24.99 / $19.60 (22%)
- 21003 Seattle Space Needle / $24.99 / $17.79 (29%)
- 21007 Rockefeller Plaza / $44.99 / $31.29 (30%)
- 21011 Brandenburg Gate / $34.99 / $22.99 (34%)
- 21008 Burj Khalifa / $29.99 / $20.67 (31%)
- 21012 Sydney Opera House / $39.99 / $28.06 (30%)