In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the third week of February 2018, which was marked by one of the biggest global events in the toy industry, the New York Toy Fair 2018.
- LEGO Harry Potter returns with Hogwarts Great Hall — LEGO announced an entirely new line of sets based on the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts film series, coming August 1st.
- LEGO Jurassic World: Fallen Kindom sets — Dinosaurs are making a comeback this year, and we have your first look at every set from the upcoming blockbuster, Duplo included!
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes UCS Hulkbuster — We just can’t wait to review this jaw-dropping Hulkbuster set, available soon on March 3.
- LEGO Marvel’s Avengers Infinity War sets — Six new sets to be released this Spring have so many Marvel superheroes that it’s impossible to choose just one set!
- LEGO Star Wars 75212 Kessel Run Millennium Falcon — The 1,414 piece set comes with a young Han Solo, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian, a new female character called Qi’ra and a Kessel droid, available in stores on April 20.
- LEGO Powerpuff Girls theme and minifigures — The LEGO Powerpuff Girls theme will consist of at least two sets available in August.
- LEGO M-Sport Ford Fiesta WRC rally car and 1968 Mustang Fastback — The new LEGO Speed Champions M-Sport Ford Fiesta WRC rally car and 1968 Mustang Fastback will be available in March.
TBB NEW YORK TOY FAIR COVERAGE: We are coming to you live from the New York Toy Fair. Read all of our hands-on coverage about the LEGO sets coming to a store near you this spring.
- LEGO Star Wars Spring 2018 sets – Besides the Millennium Falcon, several other sets will be available this spring including buildable figures and even new LEGO Star Wars merchandise.
- LEGO BrickHeadz Go Brick Me – What would you look like as a LEGO BrickHeadz? This 708-piece set will help you build a custom version of yourself, glasses included.
- LEGO Ninjago Boost Expansion set – Make your sets move with BOOST capabilities that integrate into sets, bring them to life with movement.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 18 Party Figures – Join the party and celebrate the 40th birthday of the LEGO minifigure! Cakes, balloons and a nostalgia are guaranteed.
- LEGO Star Wars Kessell Run Millennium Falcon – The iconic Falcon looks just awesome in white and blue. Have a closer look at the new flagship set coming out this spring.
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes UCS Hulkbuster – Hulk doesn’t stand a chance against this amazing mech of dark red and gold.
- LEGO Jurassic World sets – Which is your favorite dinosaur? Because there are many new dinos in LEGO form to choose from!
- LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Great Hall – Harry Potter is back and better than ever, with new pieces galore. We get a close look at an in-progress model in New York.
- Wrap-up from LEGO’s booth at Toy Fair New York 2018 – We take a look back at the news stemming from the Toy Fair and give you a sneak peek into the on-site festivities.
TBB REVIEWS, NEWS AND INSTRUCTIONS: After a very busy week of set announcements, we have our latest TBB reviews and instructions for you for your building enjoyment.
- Review of LEGO BOOST 17101 Creative Toolbox – Read our detailed review of LEGO BOOST and see why it was awarded the 2017 Toy of the Year Award.
- Review of the LEGO Technic 42077 Rally Car – The new Technic Rally Car has surprised us with its fresh look and very enjoyable build.
- Minifigure hairstyles – which styles were a cut above the rest in 2017? – Step inside LEGO’s minifigure hair salon to take a look back at some of the more interesting styles of 2017.
- LEGO 40235 Year of the Dog free with orders of $88 or more – LEGO has launched their third February freebie, offering this brick-built Shiba-inu in honor of the Lunar New Year.
- Build your own motorized Technic bus– This Technic bus has everything a proper bus included, functioning doors, engine and steering, all motorised!
- Instruction to build your own blue Valentine rose — A creative approach to using the transparent parts of the LEGO Ideas 21313 Ship in a Bottle could get you a little V-Day love.
- Ultimate LEGO Star Wars author events in Seattle Feb 23 & 24 — The Brothers Brick managing editors Chris Malloy and Andrew Becraft will be presenting insights and observations about 19 years of LEGO Star Wars at two events in Seattle later this week.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story character movie posters in LEGO — The graphic designers at LEGO have created character posters for four of the main characters in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
OTHER NEWS: There were a few other LEGO news articles from varying places around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- Flying LEGO? Drones mimic brick formations in middair, CNET – A new system uses quadcopters to replicate LEGO patterns as in-air formations.
- Building LEGO’s social network for kids, brick by brick, Campaign – LEGO Life’s senior director explains how they created a digital experience where kids could connect with each other.
- Is the LEGO Cinematic Universe in Trouble?, Obseverver – The official sequel to The LEGO Movie is still far off, and the planned “Billion Brick Race” has just lost its director.
- Gus Kenworthy and Maggie Voisin Explain Slopestyle Skiing With LEGO, NBC – U.S. freeskiers Gus Kenworthy and Maggie Voisin explain their sport, slopestyle, with the help of a bowl full of LEGO.