In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the first full week of March 2022.
TBB NEWS AND REVIEWS After last week’s smorgasbord of LEGO news you’d think we’d take a week off here at TBB. Nope! The hits keep coming with a bevy of LEGO set reviews! We’ve got a Gift With Purchase review, two Harry Potter reviews plus Speed Champions, LEGO City Space, and Technic for your enjoyment as well!
- [NEWS] LEGO Brick Sketches 40535 Iron Man and 40536 Miles Morales revealed — The Chris McVeigh-led Brick Sketches lineup continues with some Marvel superhero representation!
- [REVIEW] LEGO Harry Potter 76396 and 76397 Hogwarts Moments: Divination and Defense Classes — Chris B cracks open the book(s) on two new entries in the Hogwarts Moments series
- [REVIEW] LEGO Harry Potter 76399 Hogwarts Magical Trunk — What’s in the briefcase?? Chris B finds out.
- [REVIEW] LEGO Technic 42139 All Terrain Vehicle – A vehicle that really does have it all — Bre takes on a Technic ATV
- [REVIEW] LEGO City Space 60348 Lunar Roving Vehicle and 60350 Lunar Research Base — Space fan Chris M explores the new City Space lineup
- [REVIEW] LEGO Speed Champions 76906 1970 Ferrari 512M, 76907 Lotus Evija, and 76908 Lamborghini Countach — Daniel hits the streets with a trio of new Speed Champions supercars.
- [REVIEW] LEGO Gift with Purchase 40530 Jane Goodall Tribute — Chris M tells you whether its worth your USD$120 LEGO.com purchase to get this GWP available March 3-15, 2022.
OTHER NEWS Our news roundup includes other news from around the world, including LEGO’s humanitarian and economic moves with regards to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and the sudden death of Bricklink’s last owner.
- Kim Jung-ju Dies at Age 54 – Geek Culture — Kim Jung-ju, also known as Jay Kim, was the billionaire founder of South Korean gaming company Nexon and purchased the LEGO community marketplace Bricklink in 2013 before selling it to The LEGO Group in 2020.
- LEGO Announces Pause on Shipments of Products to Russia – LEGO Newsroom — As global powers continue to pile sanctions on Russia the LEGO group pauses product shipments due to “extensive [operating] disruptions.”
- The LEGO Foundation, Ole Kirk’s Fond, and the LEGO Group make emergency DKK 110 million donation to support Ukrainian children and families – LEGO Newsroom — In an awesome move, a trio of LEGO entities are making a multi-million-dollar humanitarian donation to Ukrainian children and families during the Russian invasion.