In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the last week of June 2021.
TBB NEWS AND REVIEWS This last week saw many new sets revealed across multiple popular themes like Marvel, Technic, and Star Wars, all available this summer. We recapped the first LEGO Con, and the latest round of crowd-funded sets launched on Bricklink, many of which sold out within hours of the launch.
- LEGO unveils the new Expert vehicle set: 10290 Pickup Truck – A neat new farmer’s pick-up truck joins the many Creator Expert vehicles like the Fiat, and the Mini Cooper.
- LEGO Marvel 76200 Bro Thor’s New Asgard unveiled – We got our first look at Bro Thor, or, what happens when a mighty god gets depressed and lets himself go.
- LEGO City Stuntz sets are now listed in LEGO Shop – A new City sub-theme is launched, featuring motorcycle stunt drivers defying gravity and thrilling crowds of all ages.
- LEGO Spider-Man No Way Home sets unveiled – Get ready for the third of the Tom Holland Spider-man films with a line-up of new sets
- Two new LEGO Technic sets unveiled for summer 2021 – Not 1, but 2 massive Technic trucks were announced this week, both equipped with mechanical play features.
- LEGO 42126 Technic Ford F-150 Raptor unveiled – Another Technic truck was revealed this week, adding more muscle to the summer line-up
- First round of Bricklink Designer Program crowdfunding begins on July 1st 2021 – The most recent batch of sets designed as part of the Bricklink Designer Program went on sale this week, and several of them have already sold-out with 3,000 pre-orders.
- Slave I from the Star Wars galaxy is now known as Boba Fett’s Starship – Disney makes a move to eliminate terms of Slavery from their LEGO Star Wars line, including changing the name of Boba Fett’s famous ship, and re-naming Slave Leia to Captive Leia
- 3 new LEGO Star Wars sets from The Mandalorian for summer 2021 unveiled – New LEGO Star Wars sets inspired by the hit Disney+ series, The Mandalorian are landing in a galaxy near you this summer, including an impressive model of Moff Gideon’s cruiser, and the newly re-branded Boba Fett’s Starship
- LEGO Ideas ‘We Love Sports!’ winner unveiled at LEGO CON 2021 – Announced during LEGO con, the next LEGO Ideas set will be a working foosbal table, a bit too large to fit Joey and Chandler’s bachelor pad.
- LEGO CON 2021 – Is it worth a watch? Perspectives and thoughts on the event – How did LEGO’s first convention go? We share our opinion and what could be better for next year.
- Lego bricks, upcycled iPhone lenses used in new low-cost, high-res microscope – Download instructions to build your own microscope using LEGO elements and old iPhone lenses.
- Brickit – Build new creations from your Lego – A new app that helps you build new things with LEGO sets you already have, like an endless idea book