LEGO has revealed six Harry Potter sets coming this summer, expanding the Wizarding World with new minifigures and scenes from multiple films. Hogwarts-based sets include the Astronomy Tower, the Room of Requirement (with new Patronus figures), and the Forbidden Forest: Umbridge’s Encounter (with new LEGO centaurs). The other three sets include Attack on The Burrow, 4 Privet Drive and a brick-built mechanical Hedwig.
These six new LEGO Harry Potter sets will become available on August 1st in the US and two months earlier in other select regions starting on June 1st (though LEGO will be offering pre-orders starting April 30th in some regions). In the US, the Burrow will be a Target exclusive and the brick-built Hedwig will be a Barnes and Noble exclusive–both likely to be available eventually from LEGO as well.
The biggest Hogwarts Castle extension of this year’s Wizarding World wave is the Astronomy tower, loosely based off of the sixth movie Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Inside the tower we find mandrakes growing in a greenhouse, Professor Slughorn’s potions classroom (and location of the Slug Club formal gatherings–which a majority of the minifigures are themed after), a small Ravenclaw dormitory, and the astronomy tower itself with a new Hedwig figure in flight.
- Visit Potions Master Horace Slughorn’s classroom and office, check out the magical mandrake in the greenhouse, then explore the Ravenclaw dorm and the cool astronomy equipment.
- Includes 8 minifigures Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Horace Slughorn, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley, Lavender Brown and Draco Malfoy.
- The model measures over 15” (40cm) high, 11” (29cm) wide and 6” (17cm) deep and connects seamlessly with LEGO Hogwarts sets 75953, 75954 and 75948.
Next up from Hogwarts Castle is the mysterious Room of Requirement which only appears to those who need it and serves as the headquarters of Dumbledore’s Army in the fifth film, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The small set features a vanishing main door, a wall of new proclamations from the Hogwarts High Inquisitor, and a practice target on wheels. Most eye-catching are new Patronus figures for Luna and Hermione of a hare and otter, respectively.
- Slide the panel to reveal the hidden entrance to the Room of Requirement and join Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Luna Lovegood for secret Defense Against the Dark Arts practice!
- Includes 3 minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Luna Lovegood.
- The full model, when connected, measures over 2″ (7cm) high, 7″ (19cm) long and 2″ (6cm) deep. The different sections of the set can be attached in a variety of configurations to inspire new ways to play.
Rounding out the sets based at Hogwarts is another scene from Order of the Phoenix where Hargrid’s “little” brother Grawp abducts Professor Umbridge in the Forbidden Forest. Grawp is reminiscent of Ant-Man from 76051 Super Hero Airport Battle, but the main draw of this set is not one, but two new LEGO centaurs. The centaur uses a normal minifigure torso attached to a horse’s body, though it is not articulated like other modern LEGO horses.
- Trick Professor Umbridge into entering the Forbidden Forest and introduce her to Grawp and a few centaurs.
- Includes 3 minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Dolores Umbridge.
- The full model measures over 4” (12cm) high and Grawp stands over 5” (13cm) high, providing a magical large-scale model for use as part of kids’ role-play adventures or on display in their rooms.
Leaving Hogwarts, we have the Weasly family’s home known as The Burrow and also featured in Half-Blood Prince. The house features magical additions at odd angles with sand blue windows, a flying Hedwig figure, and a fireplace that shifts from orange to green flames. The main portion of the central kitchen and living room open with hinges, and the upstairs floors showcase several bedrooms. This model is essentially a bigger and modernized version of 4840 The Burrow showing a scene from the sixth movie when Death Eaters attack during Christmas.
- Explore the crazy, colorful Weasley house with Harry, Ron and the rest of the family and help protect it from the Death Eaters.
- Includes 8 LEGO minifigures: Ron, Ginny, Arthur and Molly Weasley, Nymphadora Tonks, Bellatrix Lestrange, Fenrir Greyback and Harry Potter
- The Weasley family house measures over 13” (34cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (18cm) deep.
- Available exclusively from Target in the US and many other retailers globally.
Taking a step back in time, 4 Privet Drive showcases scenes from both Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and Chamber of Secrets. The modest Dursley home features Harry’s upstairs bedroom, his original cupboard under the stairs, and a living room with a play function that shoots letters out of the fireplace. The set also comes with a flying Ford Anglia and an updated Dobby minifigure. The first Privet Drive LEGO set appears nearly 18 years ago in the 4728 Escape from Privet Drive which looks absolutely antiquated in comparison.
- Explore 4 Privet Drive, the Dursley family’s home, and discover a whirlwind of excitement!
- Includes 6 minifigures: Includes 6 minifigures – Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Dudley Dursley, Vernon Dursley, Petunia Dursley and Dobby.
- The house measures over 6” (17cm) high, 6” (16cm) wide and 4” (12cm) deep and the car is over 4” (12cm) long. The large scale and authentic detail make this playset ideal for display as well as hands-on play.
Lastly, we have the first buildable character from the LEGO Harry Potter lineup, Hedwig. Hedwig is depicted in flight carrying an invitation to Hogwarts with a small podium with Harry and flying Hedwig minifigures. The larger Hedwig can also flap her wings and rotate her head, giving the set more playability and poseability.
- Capture the magical personality and elegant movement of Hedwig, the celebrated owl from the Harry Potter films.
- With a wingspan of over 13” (34cm) and a beak-to-tail measurement of over 7” (20cm), this mechanical Hedwig collectible LEGO set makes an impressive display that is sure to be the center of attention.
- Available exclusively from Barnes and Noble in the US and many other retailers globally.
These six new LEGO Harry Potter sets will become available on August 1st in the US and two months earlier in other regions on June 1st, though LEGO is offering pre-orders starting April 30th in some regions.
An expanded photo gallery and press release from LEGO are included below.
New LEGO Harry Potter Wizarding World sets unveiled
Today, the LEGO Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products have revealed a new range of enchanting playsets for fans of the Wizarding World. Packed to the brim with delight and mystery, these captivating playsets will help bring the Wizarding World to life in a way that only LEGO play can do.
Featuring well-known characters, creatures and locations familiar to every would-be Hogwarts student in waiting, the new LEGO sets help young builders create adventures of their own. The sets provide opportunities for endless fun as fans help Harry, Ron, Hermione and their faithful friends reenact beloved moments from the films.
These new LEGO sets will enable fans of the Wizarding World to explore Hogwarts in a new and exciting way. They can discover the entrance to The Room of Requirement, lure Professor Umbridge to the Forbidden Forest, gatecrash the Ravenclaw dormitory and explore the Hogwarts Astronomy Tower.
And the adventures extend beyond the Hogwarts theme…through their play, fans will be able to release Harry from the cupboard under the stairs at 4 Privet Drive, send Hedwig off to deliver an important message or explore the enchanted nooks and crannies of The Burrow.
Spanning adventures from across the seven Harry Potter films, the new sets will go on sale from June 1st in select regions (August 1st in the United States) and will be available to pre-order from 30th April in select regions from LEGO.com and selected retailers globally.
- LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Room of Requirement– Slide the panel to reveal the hidden entrance to the Room of Requirement and join Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Luna Lovegood for secret Defense Against the Dark Arts practice!
- LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Astronomy Tower – Visit Potions Master Horace Slughorn’s classroom and office, check out the magical mandrake in the greenhouse, then explore the Ravenclaw dorm and the cool astronomy equipment.
- LEGO Harry Potter Forbidden Forest: Umbridge’s Encounter- Trick Professor Umbridge into entering the Forbidden Forest and introduce her to Grawp and a few centaurs.
- LEGO Harry Potter 4 Privet Drive- Explore 4 Privet Drive, the Dursley family’s home, and discover a whirlwind of excitement!
- LEGO Harry Potter Hedwig- Capture the magical personality and elegant movement of Hedwig, the celebrated owl from the Harry Potter films. Available exclusively from Barnes and Noble in the US and many other retailers globally.
- LEGO Harry Potter Attack on The Burrow – Explore the crazy, colourful Weasley house with Harry, Ron and the rest of the family and help protect it from the Death Eaters. Available exclusively from Target in the US and many other retailers globally.
Marcos Bessa, LEGO Harry Potter Design Lead commented: “Each year we get the chance to recreate some of the most action-packed and exciting settings from the films. We hope these new products inspire young builders around the world to believe anything is possible as they act out their own adventures in the Wizarding World.”
Make sure to check out the other LEGO Summer 2020 product reveals: