In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the first week of August 2019.
We take a closer look at the new LEGO Technic 42099 4×4 X-treme Off-Roader with our review. Keep reading our Brick Report to get all the details.
TBB NEWS, FEATURES AND REVIEWS: This week we saw over 65 new sets released, got instructions for the coveted SDCC Exclusives, reviewed the LEGO Technic 42099 4×4 X-treme Off-Roader and said goodbye to a beloved AFOL artist. Meanwhile, our mind-flaying Stranger Things contest continues gathering strength and entries.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigure Series 19 revealed – Official photos are now available for the upcoming Series 19 Minifigures. Which ones will you be getting?
- Public tickets for BrickCon 2019 LEGO Fan Exhibition in Seattle on sale now – Tickets for BrickCon 2019 in Seattle are now on sale. Will we see you there?
- LEGO Hidden Side now available with more than 65 other new LEGO sets and gear – We have your guide to all the new LEGO sets now available for August, including the new Hidden Side theme, Architecture, City, Friends, Harry Potter, Jurassic World, Technic, Ninjago and even some cool shiny backpacks.
- Instructions for LEGO San Diego Comic Con 2019 Exclusives now available – Build instructions for the San Diego Comic Con 2019 LEGO Exclusives featuring Batman, Star Wars and Captain Marvel.
- In memory of Ingmar Spijkhoven – In memory of legendary LEGO truck builder Ingmar Spijkhoven.
- VESTIGE – A LEGO space exploration short film documentary [Feature] – A rare insight into a campaign that was pitched to LEGO by Brian Ellis and team. Watch the video and behind the scenes production and read our interview to find out more.
- A little dirt never hurt: LEGO Technic 42099 4×4 X-treme Off-Roader [Review] – The latest addition to the LEGO Technic lineup brings Powered Up motors, Control+ smart app and tons of fun indoors and outdoors.
- TBB’s Stranger Things building contest is flipping things upside down – Only one and a half weeks left to enter our Stranger Things contest. Read about all the details in the article.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- How Lego therapy can be a ‘massive win’ for kids with autism and their families ABC – Lego therapy groups are emerging as a clinical tool to help with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) treatment.
- Theme Park Operator Merlin Finds Everything Isn’t Awesome at Legoland, Skift – Merlin’s determination to focus on the long-term potential of the company is probably one of the reasons it is keen to escape the glare of the public markets.
- Scientists successfully mapped a worm’s brain and then uploaded it into a Lego robot., QUIKIPEDIA – Say hello to our new Worm Robot overlords.