In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the first week of December 2017.
TBB LEGO SET NEWS: When it rains, it pours! Look at all these amazing LEGO sets coming out soon:
- Tron Legacy Light Cycle is the next LEGO Ideas set to go to production – The model, designed by two brothers from the UK, beat 10 other review candidates and is scheduled to go into production some time in 2018.
- LEGO’s 60th Anniversary set revealed, featuring mini-models of classic sets – This nod to some iconic sets is yours when you spend $125 or more in the LEGO store between January 28 and February 14.
- LEGO Star Wars 75204 Sandspeeder revealed from The Last Jedi – Bearing a striking resemblance to the classic Hoth snowspeeder, this 287 piece Last Jedi set is already showing up on store shelves.
- LEGO 10256 Taj Mahal, 2nd largest set of all time, is now available – A tough break if you were hanging onto the original for investment value, but a bonanza for fans that missed this set the first time around. In LEGO stores now for $369.99.
- The LEGO Ninjago Movie Wave 2 sets now available – Available now and includes the Shark Mech, Volcano Lair, Quake Mech and Piranha Attack.
- More 2018 sets revealed with our Nexo Knights, Ninjago, Friends and Disney Princess round-up – We’re excited about the new City sets focused on mining and mountain life, including new bear and beehive parts!
- LEGO reveals newest Modular Building 10260 Downtown Diner – This colorful slice of Americana has 2,480 pieces and will retail for $169.99 USD starting January 1st. Teal!
TBB NEWS & REVIEWS: We got our hands on a bigger and smaller set for your reading enjoyment, as well as some other news items as well..
- Review of Creator Expert 10256 Taj Mahal, LEGO’s 2nd biggest set ever – More is more! See what we made of this 5923-piece white whale of a set (spoiler alert: the 1 new piece is just a brick separator).
- Review of LEGO Star Wars: The Last Jedi 75204 Sandspeeder – Is it just a recolored snowspeeder? We compared it with one to figure that out!
- Renault is celebrating 40 years of its Formula One racing team with unique LEGO Certified sets – Guaranteed to make petrol heads everywhere drool with excitement, these extremely limited edition sets are gonna be hard to acquire!
- Instructions to build your own Blacktron Rectifier – Build your own little Blacktron scorpion bot today and help wipe out the turtle bot menace.
OTHER NEWS: There was a good amount of LEGO news from other places around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest.
- LEGO accidentally uses a Naboblock present in an online post, Twitter – LEGO finally embraces clone brands …does anyone know the Danish word for “facepalm”?
- Geena Davis meets Paul Feig and chats about LEGO, The Guardian – The Women of NASA LEGO set is briefly mentioned in this conversation about gender bias in Hollywood.
- New LEGO Augmented Reality App Is The Best Open-World LEGO Video Game, Forbes – LEGO AR Studio is the toy maker’s latest experiment in the digital arena, and runs on newer Apple mobile devices.
A ‘Digital-First’ Agency for an Analog Toy: LEGO Taps Initiative for Global Media Agency, AdAge – LEGO bets on the same digital-savvy agency that handles Amazon’s global media to help the brand evolve with the next generation of children.