1,000,000 Points is what Angus MacLane wins for building the cast of my favorite show on TV, 30 Rock. Here’s Frank Rossitano (Judah Friedlander), complete with trucker hat:
…plus four more, including the lovely Liz Lemon:
I want to go to there.
Even though today is Guy Fawkes Day, I do not recommend burning this CubeDude effigy built by Paul Lee (polywen):
LEGO does, after all, give off a rather acrid smell when burnt…
I had the distinct pleasure of seeing John Cleese in person last night at the Moore Theatre in Seattle. As my first post after being away for a couple of weeks, I have the distinct pleasure tonight of blogging this CubeDude Gumby by Iain Heath (Ochre Jelly):
Ryan Wood (lights) rocks. Also, he built a CubeDude, which also rocks.
I love the tattoos on his arm, and how he’s holding the whammy bar.
Speaking of LEGO Rock Band, the video game is due out next month, and the full track list has been announced. (I’ve been avoiding dedicating a whole post to this. Sorry for hijacking your CubeDude for news purposes, Ry.)
- All American Rejects: “Swing, Swing”
- The Kooks: “Naïve”
- The Automatic: “Monster”
- KoRn: “Word Up!”
- Blink-182: “Aliens Exist”
- KT Tunstall: “Suddenly I See”
- Blur: “Song 2”
- Lostprophets: “Rooftops”
- Bon Jovi: “You Give Love a Bad Name”
- P!NK: “So What”
- Boys like Girls: “Thunder”
- The Police: “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic”
- Bryan Adams: “Summer of 69”
- The Primitives: “Crash”
- Carl Douglas: “Kung Fu Fighting”
- Queen: “We Are The Champions”
- The Coral: “Dreaming of You”
- Queen: “We Will Rock You”
- Counting Crows: “Accidentally in Love”
- Rascal Flatts: “Life is a Highway”
- David Bowie: “Let’s Dance”
- Ray Parker Jr.: “Ghostbusters”
- Elton John: “Crocodile Rock”
- Razorlight: “Stumble and Fall”
- Europe: “The Final Countdown”
- Spin Doctors: “Two Princes”
- Everlife: “Real Wild Child”
- Spinal Tap: “Short & Sweet”
- Foo Fighters: “Breakout”
- Steve Harly: “Make Me Smile”
- Good Charlotte: “Girls & Boys”
- Sum 41: “In Too Deep”
- The Hives: “Tick Tick Boom!”
- Supergrass: “Grace”
- Iggy Pop: “The Passenger”
- Tom Petty: “Free Fallin”
- Incubus: “Dig”
- T-Rex: “Ride a White Swan”
- Jackson 5: “I Want You Back”
- Vampire Weekend: “A-Punk”
- Jimi Hendrix: “Fire”
- We the Kings: “Check Yes Juliet”
- Kaiser Chiefs: “Ruby”
- The Zutons: “Valerie”
- Katrina & The Waves: “Walking on Sunshine”
The latest updates indicate that stars like Iggy Pop will be making an appearance in the game.
Here’s the full list of potentially playable characters.
- Iggy Pop
- David Bowie
Beyond the originals by Angus MacLane, my favorite CubeDude so far is this lovely Princess Leia as Jabba’s slave girl by Larry Lars.
I love the fact that Larry’s Leia is less, uh, cubical than most other CubeDudes. Beyond juvenile references to CubeDude anatomy, Larry has incorporated some really interesting techniques, including LEGO coins as earrings. Larry explains:
The coins are squeezed in between the head and the 1×1 round plates connected to the underside of headlight bricks. Since there is an edge on the coins they stay there.
Chris Doyle joins the CubeDude revolution with an awesome batch inspired by characters from Firefly and Serenity.
Don’t miss all of Chris’s CubeDudes on Reasonably Clever, as well as the growing number of adorable little guys in the Flickr group.
Angus Maclane has been building like crazy lately. The craziness has manifested itself as CubeDudes, which appear to be famous characters with cubes for heads. They are adorable! He just posted oodles of these awesome little dudes. Click on the pictures to go to a gallery of related figures.
Which is your favorite?