In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the third week of December 2020.
We get behind the wheel of the Technic Ferrari 488 GTE. Keep reading our Brick Report to get all the details.
TBB NEWS & REVIEWS: This week we reviewed multiple sets including the next Collectable Minifigure Series, new LEGO road plates and quite a few Marvel sets. PLUS, LEGO reveals even more sets becoming available in 2021!
- LEGO Collectible Minifigures 71029 Series 21 [Review] – LEGO’s changed up a few things with this new series, but what hasn’t changed are the fun characters.
- Minifigures and Mechs – More LEGO Marvel Armor arrives in January [Review] – We take a close look at the Marvel Mech Armor sets that will be available on January 1st.
- LEGO City 60304 Road Plates: A whole new system for your town [Review] – LEGO is replacing road baseplates with brick-built roads? We’ve got all the details on this whole new road system
- LEGO BrickHeadz, Creator, & Iconic sets revealed for 2021 – LEGO took the wraps off a load of new sets, revealing a Taxi, Tuk Tuk, BrickHeadz Pandas, and even two expansion packs of flowers for the new Botanical Collection!
- Minifigures, monster trucks, and Technic pins – LEGO’s 2021 Spider-Man sets are full of surprises [Review] – From monster trucks to minifigures, the January 2021 wave of Spider-Man sets from LEGO has a lot to offer.
- LEGO Technic 42125 Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” [Review] – Does the new LEGO Technic 42125 Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” deserve to be on your January shopping list?
TBB ADVENT CALENDAR REVIEWS: Happy holidays to all of our fellow LEGO builders! As is tradition, we at The Brothers Brick will be opening our advent calendars as we count down to Christmas. We’ll also be sharing commentary on each one, which will be both insightful and hilarious!
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- Realizing more LEGO Ideas designs together with the BrickLink Designer Program, LEGO Ideas – Today we are excited to announce a pilot project in collaboration with BrickLink Designer Program, through which we aim to realize more of these fan projects that have reached 10,000 supporters.
- LEGO won’t make modern war machines, but others are picking up the pieces, CNN – This is a story about a multibillion-dollar international conglomerate, arms manufacturers, a German peace group and renegades who make miniaturized weapons systems out of small shops.
- Brexit chaos is causing UK toy shops to run out of Lego and other popular kids’ presents long before Christmas, Business Insider – Brexit stockpiling and delays at ports is causing a shortage of popular Christmas gifts for children like Lego
- Why LEGO went cloud and serverless to handle traffic spikes, Information Week – A look at how LEGO handled internet traffic spikes during the pandemic