LEGO has officially revealed their newest Disney product, 43179 Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse Buildable Characters. The set comes with 1,739 pieces to build both Mickey and Minnie Mouse in dynamic positions as well as autographed bases and several accessories.
43179 Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse Buildable Characters features the duo of iconic characters in their newest animated versions but in their classically colored outfits, dynamically posed on a solid film-reel base.
The box shows the model against a dark black background reflecting LEGO’s new adult strategy. The box also shows scenes from Steamboat Willie, the animated short and where Mickey and Minnie first met onscreen.
The film-reel base can be separated into two stands for greater display value. Mickey stands 14 inches high (36cm) and Minnie stands 13 inches high (35cm).
Mickey features several new parts and recolors including a new half-size radar dish for his eyes, a new black 2×2 round macaroni-like brick which bends for his knee, and red barrels for his shorts–a slightly modified element in red that has only ever been seen in 1988’s 3683 Fabuland Amusement Park (though this version has an axle hole).
According to LEGO Designer Ollie Gregory, the company also brought back the classic space helmet in black to create the tips of Mickey and Minnie’s noses–a part that hasn’t been in production since 1987.
The bases of each character include printed autograph tiles as well as new transparent blue opalescent windows to simulate a few frames of film. (Disclaimer: The press release states the color is transparent brown opalecence, though all the pictures appear to be blue.)
Mickey and Minnie’s accessories include a retro camera (with new rounded corner elements) on a tripod, a guitar, a bouquet of flowers and a photo album with pictures of the duo’s past adventures.
The video below shows a glimpse of the building process including the colorful bricks used inside each character and showing the ability to dynamically pose each model.
LEGO Disney 43179 Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse Buildable Characters comes with 1,739 pieces to build both characters. The set will be available from LEGO starting July 1st for US $179.99 | CAN $229.99 | UK £169.99.
The product details, press release from LEGO and an expanded photo gallery are included below.
43179 Disney Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse Buildable Characters
Ages 18+. 1739 pieces
Iconic Disney characters become a unique display piece!
If you’re a Disney fan and love their original cartoons, this is the perfect fit! LEGO Disney Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse Buildable Characters (43179) gives you a chance to focus your mind and use your hands to create a truly display-worthy item.
Fantastic retro details: Based on Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks’ iconic characters, these figures feature Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in dynamic poses, with several buildable accessories including a guitar, vintage camera, tripod and a photo album with photos of their adventures. Mickey stands 14 in. (36cm) high and Minnie stands 13 in. (35cm) high.
LEGO building projects for you: Take time for you, focus on an enjoyable creative challenge and make these 2 stunning, large-scale, buildable figures to display in your home or office. Part of a collection of inspiring LEGO building sets for adults interested in pop culture, art, architecture and design, they make an excellent gift for yourself or a Disney fan in your life looking for their next project.
- Give yourself or a DIY lover in your life a creative experience with this LEGO Disney Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse Buildable Characters (43179) set. Makes a unique display and conversation piece.
- Clear your mind while building 2 large-scale, detailed figures and accessories to create and display. This set lets you experience a satisfying, hands-on build as you recharge.
- Once built, these iconic characters look great on display in a home or office. You can keep them together or set up a unique scene with each figure and the included accessories.
- Share your love of Disney’s Mickey Mouse and enjoy this set with all its details and accessories. The engrossing build and retro look of the figures also makes this a great gift for yourself or any Disney fan you know.
- Detailed, large-scale figures, with the largest model standing over 14 in. (36 cm) tall, 7.5 in. (19 cm) wide and 6.5 in. (16.5 cm) deep. This stunning set contains 1,739 pieces and can be displayed in a special place in your home.
- Memories and quality alone time are waiting. You don’t need batteries to enjoy this set – building these high-quality figures helps you escape your daily routine and they are designed to be displayed in your home.
- The coffee-table-quality instructions help guide you through the project, with stories and vignettes to add entertainment value during building. This LEGO set makes a perfect creative outlet to escape the daily grind.
- Give adult builders like yourself 2 impressively detailed, large-scale figures in this LEGO Disney set. The set offers you a unique build that you can put on display as a way of reflecting your love of the characters.
- LEGO bricks meet the highest industry standards, so they are consistent, compatible and connect and come apart easily every time – it’s been that way since 1958.
- LEGO bricks are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure every building set meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
CREATE YOUR OWN ICONS OF THE FILM WORLD WITH THE NEW LEGO DISNEY MICKEY MOUSE AND MINNIE MOUSE BUILDABLE CHARACTERS
The timeless animated duo are coming to select LEGO Stores and LEGO.com from the 1st of July
June 15, 2020 – Step back in time and get hands-on with the original animated stars of the silver screen, as Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse are brought to life in buildable LEGO brick form. With this brand-new construction set, fans can re-live fond memories and immerse themselves in the magical world of LEGO Disney, as they build their own versions of the world famous couple.
Based on Disney’s iconic characters, the large-scale LEGO Disney Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Buildable Characters are full to the brim with nostalgic and stylish details. Perfect for Disney fans looking to re-create the magic again and again, these dynamically posed models not only come dressed in their instantly recognizable original outfits, they also come equipped with a series of unique buildable accessories to pose with, including a retro camera, a guitar and a photo album complete with pictures of the iconic duo’s adventures from years gone by – creating endless possibilities when it comes to displaying the beloved couple.
Helping to bring some nostalgic movie magic into any home or office, each figure in the new set also stands on a base that resembles an old-time film reel, complete with the original character signatures. With Mickey Mouse standing tall at 14 in. (36cm) high and Minnie Mouse at 13 in. (35cm) including the base, the pair make a perfect addition to any Disney fan’s LEGO Disney collection or as a stand-alone display.
As well as making an impressive display piece, the 1,739-piece set is a mini feat of LEGO brick engineering, with LEGO designer Ollie Gregory focused on doing these classic stars of the big screen justice.
Ollie commented: “We always look to design things that people would like to put on their shelf, including my own, which is why we went for the ‘classic’ Mickey Mouse design with the iconic silhouette and color palette – as a surprise for builders, the characters’ insides are built from colorful elements inspired by classic outfits worn by the pair in the past. The Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Buildable Characters are extremely detailed and intricate, and there were lots of challenges to overcome. For example, to create the tips of their noses we even had to bring back the LEGO Classic Space Helmet in black, which hasn’t been seen since 1987. LEGO fans will also notice that we have debuted a new color in this set, 363 – TR. Brown with Opalesence, the first time it is included in any set – so there’s lots to explore with this build!”
The LEGO Group has a range of LEGO Disney sets that are sure to bring back loving memories of Disney films and trips to Disneyland including the LEGO Disney Train and Station, LEGO Disney Castle and the LEGO Ideas Steamboat Willie. This latest addition to the LEGO Disney collection has been designed specifically with adults in mind – giving builders a creative outlet to help focus their minds and re-charge from their busy lives, as they get hands-on building these two iconic Disney characters.
The new LEGO Disney Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse Buildable characters construction set is the latest example of how the LEGO Group aims to inspire builders of all ages to build, rebuild and get excited by the process of creation. It will also feature the new stylish, adult-focused packaging in order to reflect the sophisticated nature of the creative process and allow adult builders to find products related to their passions.
LEGO Disney Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Buildable Characters is available directly from select LEGO Stores and LEGO.com starting July 1st.