In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the first week of April 2018.
TBB NEWS, REVIEWS, & INSTRUCTIONS: With the next wave of LEGO sets upon us, it was a big week of new products and LEGO set reviews.
- Build your own snowspeeder from Empire Strikes Back – Can’t afford the UCS Snowspeeder? Build your own microscale T-47 airspeeder instead.
- Collectible Minifigures 71021 Series 18 Feel Guide – Want to catch them all? Use our handy-dandy Feel Guide to locate all your favorite figures in this just-released series.
- Review of 30525 The Guardians Ship freebie polybag – One of the first LEGO sets released in advance of Infinity War is this microscale version of the Guardians’ ride.
- LEGO Ideas 21314 Tron: Legacy now available – The Grid. A digital frontier… The latest LEGO Ideas set has arrived. Enter the grid.
- Review of LEGO Star Wars 75210 Moloch’s Landspeeder – The first LEGO sets from Solo: A Star Wars Story have begun hitting store shelves. What do we think of this new vehicle?
- LEGO BrickHeadz 41597 Go Brick Me now available – We love the new BrickHeadz customization kit, and we’re very pleased that all of you out there can pick up your own copy now as well.
- Fake news: Trump & Putin BFF BrickHeadz? – We had a bit of fun on April Fool’s Day with a LEGO set that you’ll never see in real life.
OTHER NEWS: Much of the LEGO news beyond The Brothers Brick continues to be dominated by the collapse of Toys R Us. Rather than reacting to each new trickle of information, we’re working on a long-form analysis of what this actually means to LEGO fans around the world. Stay tuned!
- Toys R Us website shut down, Business Insider – The long, slow death of a global toy icon continues as the company shuts down its website.
- Elon Musk’s next Boring Co. merch will be big Lego bricks made from tunnel rock, TechCrunch – Hats, flamethrowers, and now LEGO-shaped bricks made from ground up rock? As if Elon Musk isn’t having enough fun tossing electric cars into orbit around the sun!