Taking a look through all the LEGO sets released this year, it clearly has been a mammoth year of LEGO releases! At over 950 new products, this year’s lineup beats last year’s impressive back catalogue, with LEGO City taking the crown for the theme with most sets hitting store shelves this past year. In an attempt to figure out the best (and least impressive) LEGO products of the year, I asked the Brothers Brick team for their opinions. And here they are: all the LEGO sets that have piqued our interest in the Class of ’22…
Click here to learn our favorite (and not so favorite) sets of the year!
Today, LEGO Ideas revealed the results of the first review of 2022. Not one, not two, but four projects got approved, promising a stunning lineup of sets later in 2023 and 2024.
More on this fan-designed set below
This morning in Billund, The LEGO Group has presented its full year financial results for 2017. Unfortunately, not everything is awesome for the Danish toymaker: the company has reported a decline in revenue and operating profit. Revenues declined 7 percent; global consumer sales remain flat.
Here are the highlights of the presentation:
- Revenue for the full year decreased by 8 percent to DKK 35.0 billion compared with DKK 37.9 billion in 2016. Excluding the impact of foreign currency exchange, revenue for the full year declined 7 percent compared with 2016.
- Operating profit (profit before financial items and tax) for 2017 was DKK 10.4 billion compared with DKK 12.4 billion for 2016, a decrease of 17 percent year on year.
- Net profit for the full year was DKK 7.8 billion compared with DKK 9.4 billion in 2016.
- Cash flow from operating activities for the year was DKK 10.7 billion compared with DKK 9.1 billion in 2016.
- Decline in revenue was driven in part by clean-up of inventories across the value chain. Global consumer sales were flat and trended upwards in the final months of 2017.
Read more about the annual results…
Over the past several months, the LEGO Review Board has been reviewing the 6 projects that reached 10,000 supporters between May and September 2017, the second review qualification period of 2017.
The second 2017 review included six builds : Luke’s Diner from the television series Gilmour Girls, The Wonders of Peru, NASA Saturn-V Launch Umbilical Tower, NASA Space Shuttle, NF-15B Research aircraft and Star Wars I am Your Father scene.
Unfortunately, LEGO Ideas have just announced that none of the 6 projects in review have been selected as the next LEGO Ideas set.
Click here to read more about the next review where at least one set will be announced