If you’re hankering for some seafood, best to check out the new LEGO restaurant on the corner of Modular Lane, owned and operated by Erek Weidner. The color scheme here really stands out: the light nougat walls with dark stone columns and red highlights making the building pop. I love the pattern of ornate shapes hugging the waist of the structure, the simple design on the tree formed around a piece of seaweed, and the gorgeous lettering on the restaurant’s sign. But I haven’t even talked about the 800-pound octopus in the room… or rather, on the roof. It’s an inspired idea to jazz up this modular, pulled straight from the pages of a used car dealership’s playbook.
The Brothers Brick comes across so much LEGO-related news each week that we’ve decided to package up all the interesting stories we’ve written and the content that’s grabbed our attention into a Weekly Brick Report for your reading enjoyment. Some weeks there will be lots of links to share; other weeks there will be hardly any stories out there–that’s the fickle nature of the news. But these are some headlines worth sharing.
So without further adieu, here’s this week’s Brick Report:
REVIEWS: TBB’s hands got tired this week between building this massive modular and feeling out a full case of minifig bags.
- LEGO’s biggest modular yet: 10255 Assembly Square – LEGO is celebrating the 10th year for its Modular Buildings. Read our early review to see what excitement is in store!
- The LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures Feel Guide – With so many Batman cowls, what should you feel for? Here are the secrets you need to know.
- LEGO Disney 41150 Moana’s Ocean Voyage and 41149 Moana’s Island Adventure – Moana joins the Disney Princess franchise, but how do the sets stack up against the movie?
TBB NEWS: We have the news you want (LEGO Gingerbread houses at the White House! Win a Death Star!) and the news you don’t (UK LEGO prices are going up, up, up!).
- EXCLUSIVE: LEGO-made gingerbread houses decorate the White House, plus an interview with the design team – TBB’s exclusive interview with the elves that built 56 unique gingerbread houses out of LEGO for the White House.
- UK LEGO prices to increase 5% in January – Only one week left to stock up on LEGO in the UK before prices go up!
- Shortlist announced for Brothers Brick LEGO Creation of the Year 2016 – Take a look at the Top Ten LEGO Creations of the Year! Which one will win our coveted top spot?
- Win the LEGO Star Wars Death Star to celebrate TBB’s 100,000th follower – Geez, guys, you are going to make us blush! Enter the contest on our Facebook page!