In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the third full week of July 2021.
TBB NEWS AND REVIEWS The LEGO Iconic lineup saw two new holiday entries this week and we reviewed both 40493 Halloween Owl and 40497 Spider and Haunted House Ornaments. We were on hand to interview the latest departing contestants from LEGO Masters Season 2 (US), reviewed MORE DOTS, and showed you how to build your own teeny tiny Razorcrest.
- [REVIEW] LEGO Iconic 40493 Halloween Owl and 40497 Spider & Haunted House ornaments — An owl and a spider walked into a haunted house and…we decided we liked them!
- [FEATURE] Leaving LEGO Masters S2: We sit down with the fourth team to leave — Brent Waller conceived a Seinfeld set for LEGO Ideas, yadda yadda yadda, now the official set is here.
- [REVIEW] LEGO DOTS 41932 Extra DOTS – Series 5: A glowing new assortment — Can you believe we’re up to Series 5 of Dots? How does the latest wave fare?!
- [INSTRUCTIONS] LEGO microscale Razor Crest from Star Wars: The Mandalorian — Our very own Daniel Fortine shared a set of instructions for a microscale fan favorite.
- The inside story of how a ‘band of misfits’ saved Lego – National Geographic — NatGeo’s feature on the adults (and the employees who loved them) who helped turn around LEGO’s fortunes
- IT’S IN THE WALLS – Fatherly — If you don’t use TIKTOK you may have missed this bespoke viral art piece that’s inside the walls of a house
- Functioning LEGO bike hits the streets – Nerdist — You can support this bike (along with all its bells and a functional drivetrain) on LEGO Ideas.
OTHER NEWS Our news roundup includes other news from around the world, including a fresh recap on LEGO’s financial woes in the early 2000s, a magical LEGO hideyhole art piece, and a bike with more working features than you can shake a stick at.