In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the third week of April 2020.
A new addition to the Star Wars Ultimate Collector’s Series arrives! Keep reading our Brick Report to get all the details.
TBB NEWS, FEATURES AND INSTRUCTIONS: This week we saw the announcement of two new sets, learned how to build a tiny bowling alley and met the winning team crowned the US’s first LEGO Masters.
- LEGO 42107 Ducati Panigale V4 R motorcycle revealed as newest Technic superbike – Take a spin on the newest LEGO Technic motorcycle, the Ducati Panigale V4 R superbike.
- LEGO 75275 A-wing Starfighter revealed as next Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series set – The next LEGO Star Wars UCS set is this sleek 1,673-piece A-wing Starfighter available on May 1st.
- See the new LEGO Star Wars UCS A-wing Starfighter in action from the designer Hans Schlömer himself – LEGO designer Hans Schlömer shows a sneak-peek of the newly announced Star Wars UCS A-wing Starfighter.
- Chibi-scale Millennium Falcon and X-Wing befitting the official Star Wars Master Builder Series Cloud City [Instructions] – Build your own Millennium Falcon or X-Wing to fit the Master Builder Series Cloud City official set thanks to Hachiroku24
- How to build a bitty bowling lane [Instructions] – Want to learn how to build a LEGO bowling lane? Following along with this video tutorial by Tiago Catarino.
- How to organize and sort your LEGO collection, by the Mad Physicist [Feature] – If you are holed up at home, you may finally want to sort your huge pile of random LEGO. In the first of a series of features, The Brothers Brick will show you how our contributors organize their collections.
TBB LEGO MASTERS INTERVIEWS:
- LEGO Masters: An interview with finalists Sam and Jessica [Feature] – LEGO Masters finalists Sam and Jessica talk about how they went from being in the bottom to becoming a finalist on LEGO Masters.
- LEGO Masters: An interview with finalists Tyler and Amy [Feature] – We sat down with LEGO Masters finalists Tyler and Amy to chat about their entire experience on the show.
- LEGO Masters: An interview with finalists Mark and Boone [Feature] – LEGO Masters finalists Mark and Boone share the secrets behind their building success.
- Winning LEGO Masters: An interview with the first ever U.S. LEGO Masters [Feature] – Find out who won LEGO Masters in the U.S. and see close-up photos of each build from the finale in our interview with the winning team.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- Lego Donates $50 Million To Support Families During COVID-19, Forbes – Forbes interviews the Chief People Officer and Head of Corporate Affairs at LEGO to find out more about their purpose and how it manifests itself in the values and culture of the company.
- ‘A bit like early LEGO’ — rare photo shows Stonehenge’s uncanny similarity to the plastic bricks, CNN Travel – A photo of the ancient site in Wiltshire, England, shows the rocks from above and reveals details that show the famous stones looking remarkably similar to LEGO bricks.
- LEGO, Costumers & FX Artists: How the genre world is helping during Corona Virus, SyFy Wire – Using six of the factory’s molding machines, more than 100 of LEGO’s gloved and masked workers have been cranking out 13,000 protective masks a day to help healthcare workers combat COVID-19.