The January 2020 wave of LEGO Speed Champions has picked up yet another new licensing partnership for LEGO with the addition of acclaimed Japanese automaker Nissan. Today at a special press event in Japan, LEGO Group CEO Niels B. Christiansen unveiled the latest Speed Champions set as 76896 Nissan GT-R Nismo. The set will have 298 pieces and retails for $19.99 USD. It has an official launch date of Jan. 1, 2020, but will likely be available starting Dec. 26 along with the majority of the rest of the January sets.
The set follows the announcements of several more Speed Champions sets in 2020, including vehicles from Ferrari and Audi, Lamborghini, and Jaguar. Check them out, along with the rest of the 2020 sets, and then get a closer look at the GT-R below.
- LEGO Speed Champions 75898 Formula E Panasonic Jaguar Racing GEN2 car & Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY
- LEGO Speed Champions 76899 Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo EVO & Urus ST-X
- LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari F8 Turbo & 1985 Audi Sport Quattro S1
- LEGO Architecture Dubai and Tokyo
- LEGO City 2020 sets Part 1
- LEGO Chinese New Year 2020 sets
- LEGO Creator 2020 sets
- LEGO Hidden Side 2020 sets
- LEGO Ninjago 2020 sets
- LEGO Technic 2020 sets
- LEGO Technic 42109 App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car
- LEGO Trolls World Tour 2020
- LEGO Star Wars 2020 sets
76896 Nissan GT-R Nismo | 298 pcs | $19.99 USD
LEGO Group CEO Niels B. Christiansen reveals the new set, which follows the new 8-stud-wide convention that all the 2020 Speed Champions sets employ.
The LEGO model was displayed along with its real-life counterpart, the 2020 Nissan GT-R Nismo.