LEGO has revealed 75244 Tantive IV, the Rebel corvette featured in the opening shot of Star Wars: A New Hope, the very first Star Wars film ever released. The set comes with 1,768 pieces and six minifigures including Bail Organa, Princess Leia, Captain Antilles, a Rebel Fleet Trooper, C-3PO and R2-D2. The Tantive IV will be available for purchase from LEGO starting May 3rd for US $199.99 | CAN $269.99 | UK £179.99.
Interestingly the set is not labeled as an Ultimate Collectors Series (UCS) set nor as a Master Builder Series (MBS) playset, though the packaging is similar to both. Instead it looks more akin to an up-scaled and more detailed version of the 10198 Tantive IV released a decade ago.
In addition to this newly revealed set, don’t miss the rest of the LEGO summer 2019 sets reveals, and be sure to check out the new Toy Story 4, Spider-Man, and The LEGO Movie 2 sets that just went sale a few days ago:
75244 Tantive IV recreates the Rebel cruiser’s signature details including its iconic shape, elongated hull, detachable escape pods, elevating gun turrets, cargo hold and rear engines… all fitting of a consular ship on a diplomatic mission.
The cruiser measures two feet long (62 cm), 5 inches high (14 cm) and 7 inches wide (19 cm). The radar dish also doubles as a handle so the set can be carried and moved easily.
The ship features 11 engines on the back and a removable top hull revealing a detailed interior with a cockpit, conference area with table, weapon rack, control console and escape pod. Interestingly, the set comes with just 21 pieces more than its previously released UCS variant, 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner, likely due to the detailed interior.
In terms of minifigures, the set comes with six: Bail Organa, Princess Leia, Captain Antilles, a Rebel Fleet Trooper, C-3PO and R2-D2. Princess Leia feature both a new printed skirt as well as alternative white legs (so she can sit down).
Leia’s adoptive father Bail Organa is brand new in minifigure form, and Captain Antilles has been updated from his 2009 appearance.
While LEGO fans are accustomed to a new Star Wars UCS set release every May the Fourth, the company is taking a different approach this year by releasing a highly detailed playset instead. In the comparison photo below, you can see that the new 75244 Tantive IV is longer and more detailed than the 10198 Tantive IV from 2009 which sold for $149.99 with 1,408 pieces.
Own an iconic Rebel blockade runner—Tantive IV!
Build, play and display a legendary Star Wars starship! This LEGO Star Wars 75244 interpretation of Tantive IV, seen fleeing from an Imperial Star Destroyer in the opening moments of Star Wars: A New Hope, faithfully recreates all of the Rebel cruiser’s signature details, including an elongated hull, detachable escape pods, elevating gun turrets, cargo hold and 11 massive engines at the back. Remove the hull plating of this fantastic LEGO Star Wars vehicle to reveal a detailed 2-minifigure cockpit, conference area with table, weapon rack and a control console with 2 seats. The radar dish also doubles as a convenient carry handle, which makes it perfect for flying around the room. When the mission is over, this amazing kids’ buildable toy also makes a great centerpiece for any LEGO Star Wars collection. The set also includes 5 minifigures and an R2-D2 droid LEGO figure.
- Includes 5 LEGO Star Wars minifigures: Bail Organa, Princess Leia, Captain Antilles, C-3PO and a Rebel Fleet Trooper, plus an R2-D2 droid LEGO figure.
- Tantive IV LEGO Star Wars construction toy features a radar that doubles as a carry handle, 2 detachable escape pods with space for a minifigure inside, opening cargo hold and removable cargo box, opening 2-minifigure cockpit, rotating and elevating stud-shooting turrets on top and 2 spring-loaded shooters underneath. The top hull detaches to reveal a detailed interior including a conference table, weapon rack and a control console with 2 seats for the minifigures.
- Weapons include a blaster pistol and 3 blasters.
- Also includes a pair of electrobinoculars.
- Captain Antilles minifigure is an updated version from 2009, while Princess Leia’s skirt and Bail Organa are new for April 2019.
- This highly detailed building toy construction set includes over 1,750 pieces.
- Recreate amazing moments from the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hope or play out your own exciting adventures!
- LEGO Star Wars starship measures over 5” (14cm) high, 24” (62cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com starting May 3rd, 2019.
Other LEGO Summer 2019 product reveals: