In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the second week of September 2020.
The massive Star Wars Mos Eisley Cantina set is the latest in the LEGO Star Wars Master Builder Series. Keep reading our Brick Report to get all the details.
TBB NEWS AND REVIEWS: This week we got to see LEGO’s collaborations with Adidas and Levi’s come to fruition, got a feel for the new Harry Potter CMFs, took a peek at the new group of qualifying builds for LEGO Ideas, went on a Haunted Hayride and more!
- LEGO 40423 Halloween Hayride [Review] – The days are getting colder, and longer, the leaves are starting to turn, and that means it’s time to go on a Haunted Hayride!
- LEGO’s new collaboration with Levi’s uses Dots for customizable clothing – Soon you’ll be able to wear your LEGO on your sleeve thanks to LEGO’s new collaboration with Levi’s, which brings a line of customizable clothing utilizing the Dots theme.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigures 71028 Harry Potter Series 2 Feel Guide [Review] – Hunting for Harry Potter Series 2? Download our handy cheat sheet to help you find exactly the figures you want!
- First Look: Unboxing of the LEGO and Adidas ZX 8000 sneaker collaboration – We get a first look at the unboxing of the LEGO Adidas ZX 8000 sneakers.
- Will the rules of LEGO Ideas change with a large number of projects achieving 10,000 votes? – LEGO attributes the large number of submission and support votes to the current effect of the pandemic but may consider future changes.
- This 3,000+ piece 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina is the next LEGO Star Wars Master Builder Series set – This place can be a little rough – LEGO announces the new 3,187-piece 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina set with a full set of images, including all 21 minifigures!
MORE TBB NEWS:
- LEGO Ideas second 2020 Results breaks record with 35 fan submissions qualifying for productisation review – The LEGO Ideas second 2020 Review period has ended and a total of 35 amazing submissions had the votes to qualify for review.
- Earn 150 LEGO VIP store points by answering a Harry Potter online quiz. – LEGO is giving away 150 VIP online points for simply answering a Harry Potter quiz correctly.
- Colorful and delightful LEGO merchandise from Chronicle Books – Chronical Books has a range of LEGO merchandise ranging from journals, to puzzles and postcards that are well designed and eye-catching.
- Free registration for LEGO House Fan Day event to be held on 24 September – LEGO House is back with a day of live sessions catered for the fan community to be held in September.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- Could your vintage Lego set pay the college fees?, Financial Times – The Brothers Brick’s own Chris Malloy contributed to this article about vintage LEGO prices.
- Coolest Lego Set Ever? The Story Behind The 3,662-Piece Grand Piano, Forbes – Forbes interviews the designer of the Grand Piano Ideas Set.
- Chinese ‘copycats’ of LEGO sentenced for copyright infringement, Global Times – Nine people in Shanghai were sentenced up to six years in prison on Wednesday for infringing on the copyright of Danish toymaker LEGO, as China looks to take strict measures to protect intellectual property.
- Disguise Announces LEGO ‘Star Wars’ Costumes,License Global – The first-ever LEGO “Star Wars” costumes are officially launching.
- The LEGO Group’s Samuel Johnson on Seinfeld, Voltron and LEGO Art , Play Creator’s Conference – How do you become a LEGO designer? What goes into turning classic TV shows like Seinfeld into a LEGO set? And what inspired LEGO Art range, the firm’s new line of sets that allow fans to create LEGO pop art masterpieces?