In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the last week of May 2020.
We’re taking an inside tour of Baron Von Baron’s Haunted House. Keep reading our Brick Report to get all the details.
TBB NEWS: This week we saw the announcement of the new Technic Lamborghini, celebrated LEGO’s Webby Award, heard from LEGO CMO Julia Goldin and reviewed three new sets including the Fairground collection Haunted House!
- LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián supercar officially unveiled – LEGO and Lamborghini have announced the long-awaited LEGO Technic 42115 Lamborghini Sián FKP 37
- LEGO DOTS summer 2020 sets now available – All the new LEGO DOTS sets are now available including a bracelet mega-pack with classic space tile, three sets, three individual bracelets and a second tile expansion pack.
- LEGO brings home the People’s Voice Winner for the 2020 Webby Awards – Congratulations to LEGO on snagging a Webby Award for 2019’s viral video featuring an orchestra of R2-D2 droids.
- LEGO Education sets now available online for a limited time – LEGO Education Sets are available generally for a limited time and also qualify for VIP points if you want a bit of LEGO to help in learning from home.
- LEGO CMO Julia Goldin shares personal message to LEGO fan community – Julia Goldin, LEGO Chief Marketing Officer, thanks the LEGO fan community for sharing their creativity through difficult times.
TBB REVIEWS: New LEGO sets are coming just around the corner and we have three hands-on reviews for your reading delight.
- LEGO Creator Expert 10273 Haunted House from the Fairground Collection [Review] – From Baron von Barron’s ill-gotten treasures to the clever new ride, check out all the details inside!
- LEGO 40409 Hot Rod Gift With Purchase [Review] – Jump right into our review to see if this is something you’d want to add to your car collection.
- LEGO 45549 Minions: Unstoppable Bike Chase [Review] – Minions: The Rise of Gru may not be out yet, but LEGO has released a couple of early sets.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- LEGO House will soon be open, LEGO House – From 22 June 2020, LEGO House will once again be buzzing with life and cheerful guests!
- Contest Winners – Music to our ears!, LEGO Ideas – The time has finally come to reveal the results of the Music to our ears fan vote!
- Why it took five years to build LEGO Super Mario, GamesIndustry.biz – The only brief was: do something that only these two companies could do together.
- LEGO Ventures: Digital play beyond the brick, GamesIndustry.biz – LEGO Ventures’ Robert Lowe discusses opportunities for games developers in the digital space
- LEGO Group Ties With NITI Aayog to Promote Play-based Learning, India.com – The collaboration is part of the LEGO Group and LEGO Foundation’s overall commitment of $50 million globally to help children and their families impacted by COVID 19.