In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the second week of April 2019.
LEGO broke the Guinness World Record with the largest Stormtrooper minifigure army ever assembled. How many did it take? Read on to find out.
LEGO STAR WARS NEWS & REVIEWS: The Brothers Brick celebrated the 20th Anniversary of LEGO Star Wars with tons of feature content, reviews and news from a galaxy far, far away.
- LEGO Star Wars returns to A New Hope with 1,700-piece 75244 Tantive IV – This new LEGO Star Wars 75244 Tantive IV is two feet long and will be available starting May 3rd.
- Happy 20th Anniversary LEGO Star Wars – Twenty years ago, LEGO introduced one of its most successful product lines of all time–Star Wars! The Brothers Brick celebrated all day long.
- The story behind the 1999 launch of LEGO Star Wars – Celebrate 20 years of LEGO Star Wars with a look behind the scenes of its historic 1999 launch.
- How well do you know your LEGO Star Wars trivia and timeline? – Are you a LEGO Star Wars super fan? We have all the milestones and fun facts you need to know.
- Review of LEGO Star Wars 75258 Anakin’s Podracer – We take a look at a new set from of the Star Wars movies that has not been revisited in a while in LEGO form.
- Interview with LEGO Star Wars designers Jens Kronvold and Kurt Kristiansen – We asked two LEGO Star Wars model designers everything you want to know.
- LEGO Star Wars 75227 Darth Vader Bust now available from Target – Well that came and went fast, but we still have instructions so you can build you own if you missed out.
- Looking back on 20 years of LEGO Star Wars and the LEGO fan community – How has the LEGO Star Wars theme impacted you? We take a look back through the good and bad.
OTHER TBB NEWS: Along with Star Wars, three more new LEGO sets were announced with some new cool wall hangers and custom fan-designed sets.
- LEGO reveals newest Architecture set 21045 Trafalgar Square – London gets another LEGO Architecture set with the newly revealed 21045 Trafalgar Square.
- New exclusive set 40366 LEGO House Dinosaurs unveiled – You can now take home the three Masterpiece Gallery dinosaurs, available only at the LEGO House in Billund, Denmark.
- Hands on with LEGO SPIKE Prime at Moscow International Education Fair 2019 – We have your first hands-on look at LEGO SPIKE, but can it replace Mindstorms EV3?
- Last day to pre-order LEGO and BrickLink’s AFOL Designer Program sets – There’s only one day left to pre-order any AFOL Designer Program set including free shipping.
- Giant LEGO stud wall hangers now available for pre-order on Amazon – Want to add some classy LEGO touches to your walls? Check out these brand new “stud” wall hangers!
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- LEGO Star Wars Designer Ask Me Anything, Reddit – Jens Kronvold Frederiksen, Creative Director for LEGO Star Wars answers all your questions about his experience.
- LEGO is ranked as Britain’s favourite brand again with Amazon ranking most relevant, Prolific London – LEGO has been named Britain’s favourite brand for the second consecutive year, having knocked British Airways off the number one spot in 2018.
- LEGO sets Guinness World Record for biggest Stormtrooper army, SyFy Wire – Composed of 36,440 LEGO Stormtrooper minifigures and assembled in the shape of the iconic Stormtrooper helmet, the 20 feet tall by 20 feet wide model took 12 people 38 hours to create and install.