LEGO has revealed the latest entry in their popular Creator Expert Modular Building series, the 10264 Corner Garage. The three-story building is a 1950s-style car workshop and gas station along with an animal clinic and top-floor apartment.
The set comes with 2,569 pieces including six minifigures, five animals, a tow-truck and a scooter. The Corner Garage will retail for $199.99 USD from LEGO when it goes on sale January 1, 2019.
UPDATE: Read our hands-on review of 10264 Corner Garage.
10264 Corner Garage follows in the footsteps of 10260 Downtown Diner with more modernized architecture from the 1950s. The set will be LEGO’s 14th entry in the Modular Building series and the third-largest ever created.
The exterior of the building features a classic facade created with dark orange bricks, a fairly rare color that has not been seen in a modular building since 10224 Town Hall was released in 2012. The pull-up gas station functions as an inverted corner, adding some variety to the traditional footprints of other modular buildings.
The first floor features “Jo’s Garage” with the tagline “By Accident We Meet.” The garage comes with a gas station with a fuel pump, window wipers, kiosk and a vehicle workshop. The workshop features a roll-up door for car service and repairs, a blue tow truck, cash register, tool rack and trolley, oil drum, tire mounter and a working vehicle lift. The first floor also has an ornate staircase entryway to the second floor office.
The second floor is “Dr. Jones Animal Care” clinic, though according to the sign, Dr. Jones doesn’t like snakes (just like another famous Dr. Jones named Indiana.). Inside the animal clinic we find an examination table, a fish tank (though take a close look–that fish might not be feeling too well) and a waiting area with a sofa, armchair, wall posters, table and flowerpot. The veterinarian’s office sports a desk lamp, microscope, scissors and a syringe.
The third floor is an apartment with all the furnishings anyone would ever need. The near-bachelor pad comes with a full kitchen including cookies baking in the oven, an old-fashioned TV, a record album and a model truck, plus a sofa and bed. The apartment also has a bathroom and toilet as well as stairs to the rooftop terrace. (This feels like writing a real estate listing!)
The rooftop terrace features a decorative roof-line, lounge chair, umbrella and a small flower garden.
The Corner Garage comes with six minifigures: a veterinarian, a girl in a pink shirt and ponytail, a man in a knit sweater, the gas station owner and a mechanic both in blue work clothes, and woman with a dark red motorcycle jacket, a scooter and helmet.
The set also comes with a menagerie of animals including a bunny, dog, parrot, fish and frog.
Of the printed pieces that come in the new modular building, three stand out including signage for the garage and animal clinic as well as a circular old-school style Octan Gas sign (likely to be quite desirable by LEGO city builders and collectors).
The Corner Garage will also include at least one new LEGO “SNOT” element, a 2×2 tile with a perpendicular 1×2 plate curiously jutting out the middle–a piece that will likely introduce many new building techniques. Another 2×2 tile has a raised circle which looks to be some form of newer turntable. A full photo gallery of new and interesting elements that come with the set is included at the end of this article.
Measuring more than a foot tall (32cm), the Corner Garage looks like it will fit right at home height-wise with its other modular building siblings. The set offers a price-per-piece ratio coming in at $199.99 for 2,569 pieces which nets out to less than eight cents a piece.
Along with 10264 Corner Garage, there will potentially be six Modular Buildings for sale from LEGO stores simultaneously, including 10260 Downtown Diner, 10255 Assembly Square, 10251 Brick Bank, 10246 Detective’s Office and 10243 Parisian Restaurant (signalling that one or more will likely be retiring soon).
The Corner Garage will be available for purchase starting January 1st (with no early access for LEGO VIPs). The full press release from LEGO as well as an expanded photo gallery are included below.
LEGO 10264 Corner Garage
Ages 16+. 2,569 pieces
Discover surprises on all levels at the Corner Garage!
Drop by the LEGO Creator Expert 10264 Corner Garage, where you’ll discover a world of fun and surprises! This amazing model comes with removable building sections for easy access to the highly detailed interior and comprises 3 stories. On the ground level there’s a 1950s-style gas station with fuel pump, kiosk and a vehicle workshop complete with a roll-up door, vehicle lift and tire mounter. At the mid-level animal clinic you’ll find an examination table, fish tank, and a waiting area with sofa, while on the upper level you’ll discover a well-equipped apartment with kitchen, TV, sofa, bed and a staircase that leads to a rooftop terrace with sun lounger, parasol and flower garden. The exterior of the building features a classic 1950s facade with signage, detailed windows and a decorative roofline, plus a sidewalk area with a tree and an ornate streetlamp. This charming addition to the Modular Buildings series has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience, full of nostalgia. Also includes a scooter, tow truck and 6 minifigures, plus parrot, bunny, dog, frog and fish figures.
- Includes 6 minifigures: gas station owner, mechanic, vet, woman, man and a girl, plus bunny, parrot, dog, frog and fish figures.
- The 3-level Corner Garage advanced building set comes with an array of brick-built details, including a detailed 1950s-style facade with gas station signage, windows, bay windows, arched doorway, roll-up vehicle workshop door, decorative roofline and a rooftop terrace, plus a detailed sidewalk area with tree and ornate streetlamp. This set also includes a tow truck and a scooter.
- Ground level features a gas station with a bucket and a fuel pump with a flexible hose, plus a kiosk and a vehicle workshop for car service and repairs, featuring a cash register, tool rack and trolley, oil drum, tire mounter and working vehicle lift.
- Mid-level animal clinic features an examination table, parrot perch, fish tank and a waiting area with sofa, armchair, table and flowerpot, plus the animal doctor’s desk lamp, microscope, mug, newspaper, envelope, scissors and syringe.
- Upper-level apartment features a well-equipped kitchen with cookies baking in the oven, sink, pan, mug, salt and pepper, spoon and spatula, plus a sofa, bed, an old-fashioned TV, and a bathroom with toilet.
- Rooftop terrace features a sun lounger, parasol and flower garden.
- Tow truck features a working hoist.
- Accessory elements include a window squeegee and a crash helmet.
- Help the gas station assistant fill up the 1950s-style scooter.
- Roll up the door to access Jo’s vehicle workshop, complete with tire mounter and working vehicle lift.
- Remove the modular building sections to access the detailed interior.
- New-for-January-2019 decorated elements include an animal clinic window, service station sign and a printed octane gas pump.
- Special elements include new-for-January-2019 black ice skates, 2x6x2 window in sand blue, 1×1 medium gray roof tiles, 1×1 angle plate in dark blue and rare dark-orange elements in various shapes and sizes.
- Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO Creator Expert Modular Building 10243 Parisian Restaurant, 10255 Assembly Square and 10260 Downtown Diner.
- This set includes over 2,560 pieces.
- Measures over 12” (32cm) high, 10” (26cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep.
- Tow truck measures over 2” (6cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com starting January 1, 2019.