In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the second week of September 2018.
TBB NEWS: This week had incredibly varied topics of news, from new sets and ideas to sales and conventions.
- 10 fan projects have qualified for the second 2018 LEGO Ideas Review – Which of these fan creations could become an official LEGO set?
- LEGO reveals 10263 Winter Village Fire Station as their next holiday set – The tallest ever building enters the LEGO holiday lineup complete with a fire truck.
- LEGO unveils 41631 Fantastic Beasts BrickHeadz – Newt Scamander and Gellert Grindelwald appear in BrickHeadz form starting Oct. 1.
- BrickCon 2018 LEGO convention in Seattle is now just one month away – Come meet The Brothers Brick at one of the best LEGO exhibitions on the west coast.
- LEGO Friends, Elves, Star Wars and more on sale at Amazon – Many of these sets are 30% to 40% off retail.
- Video review of LEGO Star Wars 75220 Sandcrawler – Check out our hands-on look at the newest set of wheels from Tatooine.
- Feature: How to build a LEGO Grumman E-1 Tracer early warning aircraft – TBB contributor Ralph Savelsberg takes us through his build process in this new series.
- Interview with Takamichi Irie, builder of LEGO House bugs and a motorized BB-8 – What inspires this builder to create such organic shapes with unconventional pieces?
- Talented Italian LEGO builder Luca Di Lazzaro dies far too young – The LEGO fan community lost a great builder this week, so we compiled some of his best work in his memory.
- Enter Brothers Bricks’ LEGO Harry Potter microscale competition – Show off your stuff and you could win the massive new 71043 Hogwarts Castle.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- Adding Play into Your Workday can Benefit Engagement and Wellbeing, LEGO.com – What happens when an entire company takes a day off to play together and have fun?
- LEGO Tempers Ambitions for a New, Slow-Growth Era, Wall Street Journal – As the toy maker posts drop in earnings, its CEO says focus is on stabilizing the company’s business.
- LEGO’s Billionaire Owners Want to Ditch Plastic (Yes, Really), Bloomberg – Can plant-based LEGO bricks replace the original and what will the effect be on the company?
- Where Open Source and LEGO Collide, Hackaday – Daniel Pikora gives a comprehensive look at the intersection of open source development and the LEGO.
- ‘LEGO Harry Potter Collection’ Brings Remastered Updates to Xbox One and Switch this Fall, Variety – Muggles, rejoice: “LEGO Harry Potter Collection” is heading to consoles this October, just in time for witchcraft and wizardry galore.
- What Was Inside James Corden’s Birthday Cake?!, YouTube – A mysterious birthday cake gifted to the late night TV host turns everything into LEGO bricks.