In addition to the best LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick also brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the last week of October 2017.
TBB NEWS: This is a week of winners and losers. On the winning side, some amazing Millennium Falcon builds, NASA and New York. In the losing corner? Lego Dimensions.
- Announcing winners of The Brothers Brick’s Millennium Falcon LEGO building contest — TBB’s building contest ended with more than 160 entries showing off the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy. Who walked away with the top prize, a UCS Millennium Falcon?
- Review of LEGO Ideas 21312 Women of NASA — The set includes four minifigures depicting women astronauts, scientists, and engineers from the US space program’s history.
- 2018 LEGO sets for DC Comics Super Heroes, Creator, City and Technic revealed — There are a couple of interesting sets in particular with 31081 Modular Skate House within the Creator theme and 42074 Racing Yacht from the Technic line-up.
- LEGO Dimensions is officially dead — LEGO Dimensions has officially been cancelled by LEGO and Warner Brothers, per the game’s official Twitter feed.
- LEGOLAND New York to open in 2020 — Merlin Entertainment will build a third LEGOLAND park in the United States, located in Goshen, New York.
- Instructions to build a waste container transporter — This garbage transporter will happily pick up any used and discarded LEGO bricks for disposal.
OTHER LEGO NEWS: Video reigned supreme this week in other LEGO news. Enjoy these clips!
- LEGO Mini Chocolate Machine, YouTube — This year for Halloween, JK Brickworks decided to build a Mindstorms chocolate dispenser to surprise trick-or-treaters.
- Fan-Made LEGO RICK AND MORTY Short Makes Us Want More, Nerdist — This video was a collaboration by two Redditors who combined their talents to bring the world of Rick and Morty to the world of LEGO style animation.
- Unikitty’s Halloween Sneak Peek premieres on Cartoon Network, YouTube — Unikitty is getting her very own TV show and this is the first preview, sans studs.