In addition to the best LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick also brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the fourth week of September 2017.
TBB STAR WARS NEWS: Our in-depth review of the UCS Millennium Falcon is here and you could even win one by entering our contest! Plus check out a new LEGO Star Wars book written by TBB editors.
- Review of LEGO Star Wars 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon — The new UCS Millennium Falcon includes 7,541 pieces with 10 minifigs, and costs USD 799.99. Read about TBB’s reactions building the largest LEGO set ever made.
- Ultimate LEGO Star Wars book from DK now available for preorder, authored by TBB editors Chris Malloy and Andrew Becraft — An up-to-date reference that covers the full range of LEGO Star Wars sets and minifigs from the first sets in 1999 to The Force Awakens and Rogue One, the book is due out on October 3, and is available for preorder now.
- WIN A UCS MILLENNIUM FALCON! — TBB is hosting a building contest and giving away a UCS Millennium Falcon as well as FOUR elusive Space Slug sets. Get building! The deadline is Oct. 15th.
OTHER TBB NEWS: The LEGO Ninjago Movie is now in theaters and we have our review, a ticket giveaway and some new sets, all for your reading pleasure.
- Review of The LEGO Ninjago Movie — The LEGO Ninjago Movie is an entertaining film about daddy issues told in a way that only LEGO can, with the brick at its core—so give this movie a fighting chance.
- Win free tickets to The LEGO Ninjago Movie — We are giving away 10 pairs of tickets to The LEGO Ninjago Movie, so leave a comment on the giveaway post telling us which of LEGO’s other themes should be made into the next LEGO movie and why.
- The LEGO Ninjago Movie wave 2 set images revealed — A further four sets have been revealed with official set images, and are due to be released in December.
- HispaBrick Magazine 028 is out now — Lluís Gibert, Jetro de Château, and the team at HispaBrick Magazine have just released the English edition of Issue 028 as a free download.
- Instructions to build build a cool cyan-colored cruisin’ Cadillac — Nothing evokes the 60s like a cyan-colored Cadillac — oozing the charm of the era of flower power. Now you can build a piece of nostalgia with this mini Cadillac build by Grantmasters.
OTHER LEGO NEWS: This week had quite a few other interesting LEGO-related news articles. Here are the best of the rest.
- LEGO Named Top Company with the Best CSR Reputations In 2017. Forbes —LEGO tops this year’s roster of top CSR companies, jumping from its fifth place showing last year.
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt, Bloomberg — Toys “R” Us Inc. filed for bankruptcy thanks to a crushing debt load from a buyout and relentless competition from warehouse and online retailers.
- How Animal Logic’s R&D For ‘The LEGO Ninjago Movie’ Included Going to the Beach, Cartoon Brew — FX supervisor Miles Green shares the natural world research that went into simulating effects for LEGO Ninjago, including taking trips to the beach, dunking LEGO figurines in fish tanks, and investigating matchstick rockets.
- The Disastrous Backstory Behind the Invention of LEGO Bricks, History — If it weren’t for a series of fires—and an ingenious woodworker—LEGO bricks may never have been built.
- School lays 36,000 bricks – to create a LEGO logo, Jersey Evening Post — Students at Grainville School have now built a LEGO mosaic of their school logo – using 36,000 bricks.
- Everything Wrong with The LEGO Batman Movie, YouTube — Even LEGO movies have sins. This one is no different. I mean, what kind of a monster microwaves lobster in the shell?!?!
- ROGUE ONE’s Chirrut Takes on Everyone in New LEGO STAR WARS Parody, Nerdist —Chirrut may not have been a Jedi, but he was strong with the Force and one of the best fighters that we’ve ever seen in the franchise, but what could he have really done?