The new 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon has been one of the worst-kept secrets in LEGO’s history, with numerous teasers and leaks over the past several months. However, while the set’s existence may not be a surprise, we finally have all of the official details straight from LEGO HQ. The new UCS Falcon will include 10 minifigs, and clocks in at a whopping 7,541 pieces, comparable to the massive 7,500-piece LEGO Falcon built by Swiss LEGO fan Hannes Tscharner. This makes the new Falcon the largest LEGO set ever released. The set will hit stores on October 1st for $799.99, and will be available early for VIP members beginning Sept. 14.
LEGO is sending The Brothers Brick an early copy of the set to review, so check back soon for our full review of this enormous new set.
Back in 2007, I attended BrickFest PDX in Portland, Oregon, where LEGO Master Builder Erik Varszegi unveiled the original 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon. The original UCS Falcon was built from 5,197 pieces. So, where do those extra 2,500 pieces go? First, the exterior is considerably more detailed, with a lot more tiles taking the place of plates, along with many more rounded pieces that weren’t available in 2007, including a new 4×4 quarter circle tile.
Second, confirming the speculation among LEGO Star Wars fans, the set also has several interior sections.
And finally, another reason the part count is higher is that several details can be swapped out to turn the Classic Trilogy Falcon into the Episode VII/Episode VIII Falcon, with a square sensor dish and different details on the front of the mandibles.
The designer video with set designer Hans and graphic designer Maddy showcases many of the set’s play features and design details, and is definitely worth a watch.
The box itself is, of course, the largest LEGO box ever produced, and is more of a cube than the typical flat rectangle.
In fact, the box is so large that one of the teaser images LEGO has released shows LEGO’s method for helping in-store buyers get the set home: affixing wheels and a handle to the box. (Shown here in comparison to a bagged 75159 Death Star)
Interior sections include the main hold, rear compartment (with escape pods), gunnery station, and cockpit.
The ramp raises and lowers, and a blaster cannon pops down as well.
As noted above, the set includes both the round and square sensor dishes.
Minifigs include young Han Solo and Leia Organa (in Hoth gear), C-3PO, old Han, Chewbacca, Rey, Finn, BB-8, a brick-built mynock, and brick-built porgs from Episode VIII. The Episode IV Han and Leia minifigs have double-sided heads, with breathing masks for exploring the interior of giant space slugs.
The gunnery station cover includes a printed clear radar dish window.
Set designer Hans holding the Falcon gives a true sense of its enormous scale compared to the average LEGO set.
Browse the full Flickr gallery of images.
The full press release includes the complete list of features.
75192 Millennium Falcon™
Ages 16+. 7,541 pieces.
US $799.99 – CA $899.99 – DE 799.99€ – UK £649.99 – DK 6999.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Travel the LEGO® galaxy in the ultimate Millennium Falcon!
Welcome to the largest, most detailed LEGO® Star Wars Millennium Falcon model we’ve ever created — in fact, with over 7,500 pieces it is the biggest LEGO model ever sold! This amazing LEGO interpretation of Han Solo’s unforgettable Corellian freighter has all the details that Star Wars fans of any age could wish for, including intricate exterior detailing, upper and lower quad laser cannons, landing legs, lowering boarding ramp and a 4-minifigure cockpit with detachable canopy. Remove individual hull plates to reveal the highly detailed main hold, rear compartment and gunnery station. This amazing model also features interchangeable sensor dishes and crew, so you decide whether to play out classic LEGO Star Wars adventures with Han, Leia, Chewbacca and C-3PO, or enter the world of Episode VII and VIII with older Han, Rey, Finn and BB-8!
- Includes 4 classic crew minifigures: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia and C-3PO.
- Also includes 3 Episode VII/VIII crew minifigures: Older Han Solo, Rey and Finn.
- Figures include a BB-8 droid, 2 buildable Porgs and a buildable Mynock.
- Exterior features include intricately detailed and removable hull panels, a lowering boarding ramp, concealed blaster cannon, 4-minifigure cockpit with detachable canopy, interchangeable round/rectangular sensor dishes, upper and lower quad laser cannons, and 7 landing legs.
- Main hold features a seating area, Dejarik holographic game, combat remote training helmet, engineering station with turning minifigure seat and a doorway build with passageway decoration.
- Rear compartment features the engine room with hyperdrive and console, 2 doorways, hidden floor compartment, 2 escape pod hatches, engineering console and an access ladder to the gunnery station.
- Gunnery station features a minifigure gunner’s seat and detachable hull panel with fully rotating quad laser cannon. An additional quad laser cannon is also mounted on the underside.
- Also includes an informational fact plaque.
- Features a new cockpit canopy element.
- Classic crew weapons include Han’s blaster pistol and Chewbacca’s stud-firing bowcaster.
- Episode VII/VIII crew weapons include Han’s blaster, Rey’s small silver blaster and Finn’s medium blaster rifle.
- Change out the features and crew characters to switch between classic and Episode VII/VIII versions of the Millennium Falcon!
- Open individual hull panels to access the detailed interior while retaining the overall exterior appearance.
- Slide the panel to reveal the concealed blaster cannon.
- Turn classic Leia’s and Han’s head to reveal their breathing mask decoration.
- Makes the perfect intergalactic toy or flagship display model.
- Measures over 8” (21cm) high, 33” (84cm) long and 22” (56cm) wide.
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
October 1, 2017 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone.