In addition to the best LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick also brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the second week of April 2017.
TBB NEWS, REVIEWS & INSTRUCTIONS: Star Wars ruled the week with a new movie trailer, new LEGO sets, and even free instructions. May the force ever be in your favor!
- Review of LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector’s Series Snowspeeder 75144 – TBB has your exclusive early review of the most iconic Rebel vehicle of The Empire Strikes Back, the Snowspeeder, clocking in at 1,703 pieces and a $199.99 USD price tag.
- Build your own Twin-Pod Cloud Car from Empire Strikes Back – Fly through the clouds of Bespin in your own orange, iconic two-seater.
- BrickCan LEGO convention is back in Vancouver next weekend – Next weekend, April 22-23, hundreds of AFOLs will converge on BrickCan, and tickets are selling fast!
- LEGO City Undercover now available – Chase McCain is back and better than ever, solving puzzles and defeating bad guys in the crime-ridden LEGO City, now remastered for the Switch, Wii, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
OTHER NEWS: There was a good amount of LEGO news from other places around the web this week. Here are a few items we noticed and thought you might enjoy.
- Thousands of LEGO daffodils are blooming in Britain, Smithsonian – Nearly 2,000 daffodils have packed the town square there—each made entirely of LEGO bricks.
- At 90, a great grandfather latches onto LEGO, Hartford Courant – Only nine more years to go before the box says he can’t play with them anymore.
How LEGO could change what we know about plants, Smithsonian – Researchers are using toy bricks to study how plants react to environmental factors.
- LEGO on the hunt for top marketer as Taylor exits for Asia role, Ad News – LEGO is on the hunt for a senior marketer as Australia’s top marketer Troy Taylor is exiting to take on a senior management role at LEGO in Hong Kong.