A follow up to their fantastic 10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van, LEGO has unveiled the newest “little” brother (sister?) in their car family. Meet 10242 MINI Cooper. This little green beauty enjoys long drives on winding country roads and romantic picnics by sunset.
I absolutely loved the Camper Van, so I’m super stoked for this beauty. Gorgeous color aside, the model looks simply amazing!
Check out more photos on Flickr!
Here’s the official press release:
10242 MINI Cooper
Ages 16+. 1,077pieces.
Take this MINI Cooper for a nostalgic drive down memory lane!
US $99.99 – CA $119.99 – AU $149.99 – DE 89.99€ – UK £74.99 – DK 799.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Experience the iconic MINI Cooper first hand, with its classic lines, detailed interior and fun picnic theme.
Take the iconic MINI Cooper for a drive! This beautifully crafted LEGO® brick replica of the classic MINI Cooper Mk VII is full of authentic details, from the classic green and white color scheme with white wing mirrors and racing stripes, to the opening doors, hood and trunk, sporty fog lights, detailed engine and separate spare tire compartment. You can even remove the roof to access a tan colored interior with patterned seats, veneer-style dashboard, turning steering wheel, and moving gearshift and handbrake. And of course, no MINI Cooper would be complete without a picnic basket and blanket, the perfect accessories for a cozy day in the countryside!
• Features opening doors, hood and trunk, spare wheel in separate compartment, detailed engine and 2 fog lights.
• Accessories include a picnic basket, bottle and blanket for nostalgic picnic theme.
• Authentic replica of the MINI Cooper Mk VII.
• Classic green and white color theme with white wing mirrors and racing stripes.
• Lift the hood to reveal the detailed engine.
• Remove the roof and access the detailed interior.
• Go on a countryside picnic with this iconic classic!
• MINI Cooper measures over 4” (11cm) high, 9” (25cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
Watch one of the LEGO designers show off some of this set’s unique features and construction:
This may sound strange but for all the wonderful realism and detail! I am crazy about the picnic basket – the bottle etc!!!
So cute! I love Minis! I remember an interview on Top Gear where a singer named Will Young described a Mini he had as a youth as being, “Like Lego” because of the ease of swapping out old parts for new parts.
Impressive. I love the checked seat, and the wheel flares are definitely NPU! The turret, especially the flat windscreen and the A pillars, looks a bit ‘squared off’ to me, but nonetheless an excellent model, and a great color choice as well.
Best dark green parts pack EVAAAR! :)