In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the second week of July 2021.
TBB NEWS AND REVIEWS The show about nothing spawned a set about everything! The lid was lifted on an easter-egg filled tribute to the 90’s sitcom Seinfeld. We also ran a feature on stickers and why LEGO uses them so often when fans want printed elements. In other TV-related news, we talked with the third eliminated team on LEGO Masters Season 2 in the US. We also saw more Brickheadz Pets hit the internet, and the Minions are back in animated LEGO form.
- [FEATURE] Why do LEGO sets have stickers instead of printed parts? — TBB dives in and illustrates a recent revealing Reddit discussion by designer Mark Stafford.
- [NEWS] LEGO Ideas 21328 Seinfeld unveiled — Brent Waller conceived a Seinfeld set for LEGO Ideas, yadda yadda yadda, now the official set is here.
- [NEWS] LEGO.com reveals new Brickheadz Pets — Check out the Ginger Tabbies, Cockatiels, and Hamsters revealed this week!
- [FEATURE] Leaving LEGO Masters (US) S2 — We chat with the third team eliminated from LEGO Masters Season 2
- [NEWS] Animated LEGO Minion short — Madcap minion antics are on full display in this animated short
OTHER NEWS Our news roundup includes other news from around the world, including a diamond-handed GameStop LEGO Ideas submission for the apes, an official LEGOLAND New York opening, and a curious piece of evidence seized in a January 6th investigation.
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces fully-open LEGOLAND New York – Governor.NY.com — The 7th and final “land” is now open at LEGOLAND New York Resort. The hotel will open in the final phase of the resort’s debut.
- LEGO Ideas submission GameStop store rockets to the moon – Business Insider — This meme-filled Ideas entry has already achieved 10,000 supporters, including from GameStop’s CEO himself.
- Capitol LEGO model found in home of January 6 Rioter – Business Insider — Look, it was a slow news week. Did the alleged rioter use the set to plan any actions that fateful day? Read the article to find out.