In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the beginning of April 2021.
TBB NEWS & REVIEWS: This week we saw the availability of several new superhero sets and the new Space Shuttle Discovery model, got cheeky with April Fool’s Day, dug in deep with a list of top excavator sets and more!
- April Fools Day 2021: Best LEGO-themed jokes and features – LEGO-related blogs and news websites did a great job preparing for this year’s April Fool’s Day. From new product announcements to “shocking” revivals, the day was full of great reasons to smile.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga delayed again; new release date to be announced “as soon as possible” – LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga was unveiled at E3 back in 2019 and now we have to wait a bit longer before jumping back to the adventures in the galaxy far, far away.
- New LEGO Super Heroes sets listed online, including 76187 Venom bust – It’s time to update your shopping list as new LEGO Super Heroes are finally listed online!
- Top 5 LEGO excavator sets that could save the world economy right now [Feature] – We decided to assemble a team of the best LEGO excavators. Dive in to see our top picks and feel free to add something yourself!
- Two new LEGO DC Super Heroes Batmobile sets revealed by online retailer – Here are the first official pictures of two new LEGO Batman sets, and both come with Batmobiles.
- LEGO 10283 NASA Space Shuttle Discovery and Classic Space Coin now available for order – Itching to get your hands on the biggest LEGO Space Shuttle ever? It’s now available from LEGO, along with the exclusive VIP collectible Classic Space coin!
- LEGO reveals the Ulysses Space Probe VIP reward set – Don’t miss the new space-themed exclusive reward, the Ulysses Space Probe set. The reward will be available for 1,800 points.
- The LEGO Foundation partners with Play Included to support LEGO-based learning for neurodivergent kids in UK – The LEGO Foundation is joining UK-based Play Included to boost their outreach program to neurodivergent children, including those with autism.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- Stud-Covered Sequencer Uses Lego Bricks to Build Beats Instead of Spaceships, Gizmodo – Belgium-based Atonal Circuits has created a 16-step sequencer that’s programmed by simply attaching Lego bricks.
- LEGO designer reveals hidden details in Space Shuttle Discovery set, collectSPACE – No one at LEGO told Milan Madge to begin creating a detailed model of the space shuttle.
- Gang of international Lego thieves arrested in Paris heist, MarketWatch – Valuable collectibles targeted by criminals who had traveled from Poland — 3 arrested