LEGO-related blogs and news websites did a great job preparing for this year’s April Fool’s Day. From new product announcements to “shocking” revivals, the day was full of great reasons to smile. In case you missed any pranks, here is our round-up of the most amusing things published today.
- Never step on a LEGO brick again! SmartBricks, coming soon… — It all started today with LEGO announcing a revolutionary product, SmartBricks. It’s not the first time LEGO is trying to solve the problem of stepping on plastic pieces with your bare feet, but it is still just for laughs.
- LEGO to require mandatory proof of age identification for all 18+ set purchases — According to a very formal press release published by Jay’s Brick Blog, LEGO will stop selling 18+ sets to minors. Don’t forget your ID next time you go shopping for the new Sesame Street set.
- Introducing 18+ Duplo: Design — Brickset hit us hard with lovely pictures of Duplo bricks as interior decorations. The two new “sets” looked too good to be a joke, especially with the price that fit them way too good — $30 for a 2-piece set!
- LEGO Jack Stone 20th Anniversary Sets Announced — The Brick Fan teased the return of one of the most action-packed themes of all times, Jack Stone. We never thought we were missing the iconic maxi-figures from early 2000-s so badly.
- New LEGO Botanical Collection Set Leaks — We don’t post set leaks here on The Brothers Brick, but we have nothing against brick-built leaks. This is what BricksFanz reported today teasing the new LEGO Botanical Collection wave of sets. With no additional pictures provided, the news left us very intrigued about 10422 Rainbow Carrots and 10423 Garden Peas sets…
- New 2X4 Brick Mold Introduced As Part Of A Limited Edition Collector Bricks — The Rambling Brick captured the attention of numerous brick collectors with a breathtaking announcement. The new brick mold with the word “LEGO” has been printed upside down on all of the studs could have been such a beautiful addition to any collection, but they only exist as a joke… don’t they?
- The LEGO Group unveils Bricky, a new digital building assistant! — Stuart Harris, the Master Builder at LEGO House shared an exclusive picture of the new building assistant. Called Clippy, the brand new gadget seems to become an irreplaceable companion of every LEGO builder.
- LEGO reveals 712215 Brick Stick adhesive for semi-permanent LEGO displays — Don’t miss our take on this year’s jokes. Here at the Brothers Brick, we went for something more concrete — The Brick Stick glue, a perfect solution for those who like their sets assembled once and forever.
Never step on a LEGO brick again! SmartBricks, coming soon… pic.twitter.com/enRuvdGYjP
— LEGO (@LEGO_Group) April 1, 2021
Did we miss any other great jokes published today? Let us know in the comments!