In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the second week of January 2020.
Celebrate the Chinese New Year with our review of the Spring Festival Chinese New Year Temple Fair. Keep reading our Brick Report to get all the details.
TBB NEWS, REVIEWS AND FEATURES: This week we saw the worldwide release of the new Chinese New Year sets, reviewed the Ninjago Gamer’s Market, got colorful with a look at the Trolls Poppy’s Hot Air Balloon set and took a deep dive into the world of Classic Space!
- The Brothers Brick Explore: LEGO Classic Space [Feature] – Join The Brothers Brick as we take an in-depth look at Classic Space, one of the most popular LEGO building genres.
- LEGO Chinese New Year Temple Fair and Lion Dance sets now available globally – LEGO Chinese New Year 2020 sets are now available worldwide! Combine both the Temple Fair and Lion Dance sets into one grand festival.
- Hands-on with 21052 LEGO Architecture Dubai [Review] – Should you take a trip to Dubai? Absolutely.
- LEGO Ninjago’s new people pack: 71708 Gamer’s Market [Review] – What’s a video game without an item market for microtransactions? Today we’re checking out 71708 Gamer’s Market, Ninjago’s merch store for ninjas, which includes a whopping 9 minifigures!
- LEGO 80105 Spring Festival Chinese New Year Temple Fair [Review] – Join in the Chinese New Year festivities as we take a close up look at the new Spring Festival set.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigures 71026 DC Super Heroes: Getting back to the comics [Review] – Did you know LEGO’s new DC Super Hero Collectible Minifigures are based entirely on their comic book versions? We’ve got all the details in this hands-on review.
- Trolls World Tour 41252 Poppy’s Hot Air Balloon Adventure [Review] – Sail the skies with us in our review of Poppy’s Hot Air Balloon Adventure from Trolls World Tour!
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- 12 Product Ideas Qualify for the Third 2019 LEGO Ideas Review, LEGO Ideas – The Third 2019 LEGO Ideas Review qualifying period ended Monday morning, January 6th, 2020.
- Millennials are finding mindfulness in Lego , The Telegraph – The simple plastic blocks have offered a barrier between Lego fans and the relentless pressures of screens, social media, and stress.
- B&Q owner Kingfisher hires Lego digital chief for top customer role, Campaign – Jean-Jacques Van Oosten returns to Kingfisher after 12 years with The LEGO Group.
- Mayim Bialik, Terry Crews, Nicole Byer & More Celebrity Guests Announced for LEGO MASTERS on FOX, Broadway World – New competition series LEGO(R) MASTERS has announced celebrity guests.