In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the fourth week of November 2019.
The biggest fish in the pond just got bigger, and the classic 1989 Batmobile got smaller. Read on for all the LEGO news that’s fit to brick.
TBB NEWS AND REVIEWS: This was an action-packed week for LEGO news, with LEGO announcing a new Speed Champions set along with their recent acquisition of Bricklink. We also reviewed the new 1989 Batmobile and some custom minifigures from Citizen Brick.
- The LEGO Group acquires BrickLink from Nexon founder Jay Kim for undisclosed sum – interview with LEGO CMO Julia Goldin [News] – The recently announced aquisition has many Bricklink buyers and sellers concerned about the future of the secondary market for new and used LEGO.
- LEGO 1989 Batmobile now available for purchase online with free Mini Batmobile offer [News] – What could be better than building the classic 1989 jet-powered Batmobile? How about building two of them!
- Citizen Brick custom minifigs bring the Beastie Boys, Bob Ross, & more for Black Friday 2019 [Review] – Happy fluffy clouds, sharp, irreverent lyrics, nihilists, and rugs that really tie the room together.
- New LEGO Star Wars Mandalorian Battle Pack to hit stores late December [News] – With the latest battle pack coming in December, you will be able to re-create the stellar scenes from Disney+’s Mandalorian.
- How good is the LEGO Batman 40433 1989 Batmobile set that comes free with the giant Batmobile? [Review] – Check out our review of the smaller Batmobile that comes as a free gift with the purchase of LEGO Batman 76139 1989 Batmobile.
- LEGO reveals Speed Champions 76896 Nissan GT-R Nismo [News] – The latest addition to the Speed Champions race team is the sleek, white & black Nissan GT-R Nismo.
- Fabian’s marvelous marbled bricks [Feature] – Norwegian LEGO collector Fabian Lindblad shares artful photographs of rare marbled LEGO bricks.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- LEGO space set in space!, LEGO – To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the LEGO Space theme, LEGO sent a space LEGO set to space, and it is out of this world.
- The Greatest Competition Ever Built, Fox – Previously exclusive to the UK and Australia, hit TV show LEGO Masters is coming to America next year on FOX. Check out the official trailer.
- Single use plastic retail bags to be phased out of LEGO® Stores in 2020, LEGO – LEGO announced a plan to replace plastic bags in their retail stores with a more sustainable solution.
- Wrapped in thousands of lights LEGO House is ready to celebrate the Christmas season, LEGO House – Visitors to the LEGO House in Billund this holiday season will be treated to a stunning display of lights.
- Toys ‘R’ Us is back with its first new store in the US. Here’s what you need to know, CNN – Toys ‘R’ Us returned to the U.S. this week in Paramus, New Jersey. Found out how the shopping experience in this new store differs from the previously departed retail chain.