In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the first week of June 2019.
What was the most challenging part of bringing the newest LEGO Lunar Lander to life? LEGO Designer Lars Joe tells us all, so read on to find out more.
TBB NEWS AND REVIEWS: Houston, we have a model! (And a cute space ride promotion review and another awesome X-wing spaceship.) This week was about all things SPAAAACE!
- LEGO unveils Creator Expert 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander to celebrate 50th anniversary of the Moon landing – LEGO is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Moon landing with one small step for a minifigure and one giant leap for LEGO-kind.
- Review of LEGO Ideas 40335 Space Rocket Ride gift with purchase – This simple and cute set will be available later this week with purchases more than $99.
- Feature: This fan’s quest to build the perfect LEGO X-wing results in an amazingly accurate model – Has Mark Chan built the perfect LEGO X wing? You might be surprised at just how accurate Mark’s model is.
MORE TBB NEWS: We are still getting our first looks at some new sets, and there are lots of new sets on sale for the start of June.
- Final images of LEGO Star Wars Boost 75253 Droid Commander set revealed – Check out these new images of the Star Wars Boost set, including R2-D2.
- LEGO Hidden Side Diner Shrimp Shack Attack 70422 set is unveiled – The eighth LEGO Hidden Side announced this week features a spooky battle by a haunted diner.
- LEGO NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander now available with stellar space patch promotion – You can now get your own LEGO Lunar Lander along with an awesome space patch promotion.
OTHER LEGO NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- LEGO Lunar Lander Designer Video, LEGO YouTube – LEGO Designer Lars Joe shows off the newly revealed NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander with an epic score.
- Can a Six-Year-Old Child Build a LEGO Star Wars’ ‘4+’ Range Set?, Gizmodo – According to the box these sets are the ‘perfect start’ and are clearly designed to slowly tease kids away from really simplistic stuff like Duplo, but how did it fare in reality?
- Everything Great About LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, CinemaWins YouTube – The second LEGO Movie is looked at to find every awesome moment.
- Everything Wrong With LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, CinemaSins YouTube – The second LEGO Movie is looked at to find every hilarious error (mild language).
- This Giant Flying Lego Helicopter Is Actually a Drone, Tom’s Guide – Drone designer Adam Woodworth’s giant Lego helicopter stole the show at the Makers Fair in the Bay Area.