Things are getting stranger. LEGO has revealed a brand new large and unique set 75810 The Upside Down based on Netflix’s original series Stranger Things. The set features the main Byers’ home from the series complete with 1980 Chevrolet Blazer, along with the darker reverse “Upside-Down” dimension beneath it.
The set comes with 2,287 pieces and eight minifigures including Eleven, Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, Dustin Henderson, Will Byers, Joyce Byers, Chief Jim Hopper and the Demogorgon. The set is available starting tomorrow for LEGO VIPs for US $199.99 | CAN $269.99 | UK £179.99 with general availability beginning June 1st. (We’ve already gotten a hands-on look at this stunner of a set, so make sure to check out our review too.)
Stranger Things is certainly an unexpected partnership for LEGO, especially with the series’ focus on horror. But the company is diving headfirst into 80s nostalgia and delivering perhaps one of the most unique sets of recent memory. The box can be displayed right-side up or upside down with logos on each end.
The set comes with the house with detailed interior, a police cruiser, the alternate dimension upside down house as well as the minifigures of the main cast. The double-sided home measures over a foot tall (32cm) and 17 inches wide (44cm) and features a more subdued, earth tone color palette.
The main play feature of the set is that it can be rotated 180 degrees, resting on the tops of two sturdy trees at each end. This way, the alternate dimension version of the home can be displayed in full.
The Upside Down features black vines, a dilapidated appearance, dark coloring and the series main monster, the Demogorgon. This side of the house is virtually dripping with oozy detail, and is secured to its right-side up counterpart using a few well-placed ball joints.
The interior of the Byers’ house features Will’s bedroom, the living room and the dining room, along with the front porch. The living room has the famous light-up alphabet wall (complete with a light brick), a couch, stickered flyers and even a bear trap. Will’s bedroom includes a boombox, bed, desk, drawings and movie posters. The attic space also includes a Mind Flayer drawing and a wizard hat for ‘Will the Wise’.
In the Upside Down, the house is mirrored perfectly, but in a darker, run-down and overgrown state–an environment perfect for a few jump-scares.
In addition to the house, Chief Jim Hopper’s police truck is included that features a removable roof and a new pumpkin element stashed in the back.
The set comes with eight minifigures and a display stand. In this first photo we see fellow Dungeon and Dragons players Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair and Dustin Henderson, with several new hair-piece elements and colors. Eleven is also shown with a blonde removable wig and a waffle.
Rounding out the set we have a spot-on Will Byers being pursued by the Demogorgon (with a printed minifigure head with closed petals) , Chief Jim Hopper and Joyce Byers.
Overall, The Upside Down looks like a fascinating set, regardless of the scary source material. Perhaps it will lead to other possibilities within Netfilx’s vast entertainment library, but for now this Stranger Things standalone set is a welcome addition for adult fans of LEGO. Make sure you check out our hands-on review of this 2,287-piece set. which is available starting tomorrow for LEGO VIPs for US $199.99 | CAN $269.99 | UK £179.99.
The set’s fact sheet and press release from LEGO are included below, along with an expanded gallery of images.
LEGO Stranger Things
75810 The Upside Down | Ages 16+ | 2,287 pieces
The ultimate LEGO Stranger Things model to build and collect!
Fans of the global hit Netflix original series will appreciate the authentic details of this highly collectible LEGO Stranger Things toy – 75810 The Upside Down. This sturdy, brick-built model can flip between the real world and The Upside Down. The design of the model’s building instructions makes it a great shared building experience with friends and family. The Byers’ house features Will’s bedroom, the living room and the dining room. The Upside Down version of the house, from an alternate dimension, features all the rooms from the real-world model but with a dark, vine-covered, dilapidated look that fans will instantly recognize from the series. With 8 Stranger Things figures, each with its own accessories, this playset makes a great gift for Stranger Things fans who will love to build and display this model to show their passion for the series.
- This LEGO Stranger Things toy includes 8 instantly recognizable Stranger Things minifigures from the hit Netflix original series: Eleven, Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, Dustin Henderson, Will Byers, Joyce Byers, Chief Jim Hopper and the Demogorgon.
- The Byers’ house features a front porch with furniture, living room, dining room and Will’s bedroom.
- The living room features authentic details from the series, like the alphabet wall with a light-up function, couch, coffee table, telephone, axe, ‘have you seen me?’ flyer stickered element and a bear trap to catch the Demogorgon.
- Will’s bedroom plays a central role in the series, which this model faithfully replicates, including details like Will’s boombox, bed, desk, desk lamp, drawings and movie posters.
- The dining room includes an armchair, boxes that store Christmas lights, fantasy game rule book stickered element and a potted plant.
- The attic space includes a Mind Flayer drawing stickered element and a wizard hat for ‘Will the Wise’.
- The Upside Down set captures the look and feel from the Netflix original series, including creepy vines, dark coloring and a dilapidated look.
- Chief Jim Hopper’s police truck includes a removable roof for easy access to the interior and a pumpkin element as a reminder of Season 2.
- Accessory elements include Lucas’ slingshot and flashlight, Dustin’s walkie-talkie and compass, Mike’s flashlight and walkie-talkie, Hopper’s coffee mug, Joyce’s flashlight and drawing of ‘Will the Wise’, and Eleven’s waffle.
- This Stranger Things collectible includes over 2,200 pieces and comes in 11 bags, so the real world and The Upside Down can be built at the same time for a shared building experience.
- Measures over 12” (32cm) tall, 17” (44cm) wide and 8” (21cm) deep.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com starting May 15th, 2019
SOMETHING STRANGE IS GOING ON… – AS THE TOWN OF HAWKINS, INDIANA ARRIVES IN LEGO BRICK FORM
- LEGO Group announces its first ever product collaboration with Netflix on the LEGO Stranger Things: The Upside-Down set
- Fans were invited to special launch events at The LEGO Store, Leicester Square in London & The LEGO Store, Flat Iron District, New York City
- The set allows fans to enter the Byers’ house and the supernatural world of The Upside Down and includes minifigures of Eleven, Hopper, Will and more
[London, May 15th 2019] Something strange is happening in Hawkins, Indiana – but this time in LEGO brick form, as the LEGO Group unveils its brand new set, LEGO Stranger Things: The Upside Down.
The first set, made in partnership between the LEGO Group and Netflix is a new build experience allowing fans of Stranger Things and LEGO bricks to explore the Byers’ house and the supernatural world of the Upside Down in LEGO brick form, released May 15, 2019.
The brand-new set was unveiled at the LEGO Store Leicester Square, London with a special midnight opening experience. Visitors were greeted with the supernatural sight of the Mind Flayer illuminating the front of the store and a spooky LEGO brick recreation of Will Byers’ bike abandoned outside. Once inside the store, guests took their place in the Byers’ living room for a picture with the famous alphabet wall from season one, LEGO senior designer Justin Ramsden was on hand to sign sets and chat with fans. Guests were even able to take part in a make and take activity, creating a mini Castle Byers to take home,
The set was launched simultaneously in the LEGO Store in the Flatiron District of New York City. The launch was celebrated with a late-night event, where guests took pictures in front of a LEGO brick-built alphabet wall and a replica of the Byers’ living room and helped a LEGO Master Builder in a live build of the set.
The set features eight Stranger Things characters recreated in LEGO minifigure form, including Chief Hopper, Joyce Byers, Eleven, Mike, Lucas and Dustin as they try to save Will from a minifigure version of the Demogorgon!
The set is full of authentic details from the award-winning Netflix original show, including the alphabet wall complete with a light-up function, a buildable version of Chief Hopper’s police cruiser and the phone in the Byers’ living room, Step into Will’s bedroom with a buildable bed and stickered elements of the posters decorating Will’s room. There are small Easter eggs to be discovered throughout the house including a ‘Will the Wise drawing’ and a picture of the iconic Mind Flayer hidden in the attic.
This Stranger Things collectible includes 2,287 pieces and a whole host of accessories for each of the characters including Hopper’s coffee cup, Eleven’s waffle and Mike’s flashlight to help you solve the mystery of his missing friend.
This is the ultimate collectible for Stranger Things and LEGO fans alike, allowing them to flip between the Byers’ house in Hawkins, Indiana and the mysterious Upside Down world. This is the perfect set to build ahead of Stranger Things Series three landing July 4, 2019.
LEGO Stranger Things: The Upside Down comes with two sets of building instructions allowing fans to play & display both sides of this unique upside-down set. The upside-down version of the model being a mirror image of its real-world counterpart with a dilapidated look, complete with dark vines and murky colours in keeping with the fan-favourite Netflix series.
Jamie Berard, Stranger Things Design Lead at the LEGO Group said “It’s amazing to see the collaboration between the LEGO Group and Netflix come to life. The Stranger Things universe offers us a wonderful opportunity to be playful with the bricks and allow fans to get lost in the mysterious world of the Upside Down. The design team has created an impressive model that is not only fun to build but also offers lots of details and ‘Easter eggs’ that should delight fans of the series.”
LEGO Stranger Things: The Upside Down is available directly from LEGO Stores and shop.LEGO.com/strangerthings from May 15th 2019.