The Brothers Brick gives you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our Weekly Brick Report for the fourth week of March.
TBB NEWS & REVIEWS: Star Wars fans rejoice! This week we learned about the next Star Wars UCS set and took a friend into space.
- LEGO unveils new Star Wars UCS Snowspeeder with over 1,700 pieces – This sleek snowspeeder comes with two minifigures and 1,703 pieces, priced at $199.99 USD and will beavailable Star Wars day (May the 4th) in LEGO stores and from the LEGO Shop Online.
- Review of The LEGO Batman Movie 70900 The Joker Balloon Escape – With balloons, macaroni and purple tux tails, this small set packs a punch, though if Batman wears the balloon backpack, does that mean the Dark Knight rises?
- LEGO Stephen Hawking in Zero Gravity – Our fearless Iain Heath took his LEGO model of scientist Stephen Hawking on a special trip to go where no LEGO man has gone before.
- Amazon LEGO sales on Star Wars, Nexo Knights, Moana and City – This week’s LEGO deals from Amazon include TIE Fighters, U-Wings, castles, floating rafts and a bulldozer!
TBB INTERVIEWS & INSTRUCTIONS: Take a trip back to the eighties with this cute cassette tape build and learn about a builder of tiny trucks.
- Build your own classic mix tape – Hudson Rippetoe captured sweet musical memories with his LEGO version of the cassette tape, which you can build or buy.
- Interview with Czech builder of tiny trucks and tools, František Hajdekr – We tracked down a builder known for his small versions of big vehicles and equipment of all kinds.
OTHER NEWS: There was a massive amount of LEGO news from other places around the web this week. Here are a few items we noticed and thought you might enjoy.
- Tape lets you stick your bricks wherever you want, Geek.com – Haven’t had a friend forward you this yet? Now is your chance to learn about tape that’s raised $1 million USD so far.
- LEGOLAND Japan opens on April 1, CNET – LEGOLAND Japan joins two other parks in the US and one each in Denmark, England, Germany, Malaysia and United Arab Emirates.
- Tom Yoo makes the Nike Air VaporMax out of LEGO, Highsnobiety – Artist Tom Yoo builds another sneaker to join his Air Jordan 9, Air Jordan 5, Nike MAG and Yeezy 350 Boost.
- Ten things you need to know: LEGO Speed Champions, Top Gear – Craig Callum, design manager at LEGO, shares some secrets behind the Speed Champions sets.
- LEGO turned to the internet to save itself from oblivion, Stuff.co.nz – LEGO’s senior innovation director David Gram shares innovation tips he’s learned by working at the company.