The Brothers Brick publishes so many interesting stories, that we’re giving you the best of LEGO news and reviews, as well as links to other interesting content. This is our Weekly Brick Report for the final seven days of 2016. (Woo-hoo! We made it!)
REVIEWS: TBB had its hands full with new sets from Adventure Time, the LEGO Batman Movie, and Star Wars: Rogue One.
- LEGO Ideas 21308 Adventure Time – The next LEGO Ideas set has arrived, and what an adventure it is: 21308 Adventure Time, inspired by the crazy, yet meaningful, hit cartoon.
- LEGO Star Wars Rogue One 75155 Rebel U-Wing Fighter and 75152 Imperial Assault Hovertank – Spoiler alert! Rogue One continues to dominate the box office, but how do the LEGO sets stack up against the movie?
- LEGO Batman Movie 70903 The Riddler Riddle Racer, and Two New Batmobile, Batwing mini-sets – Batman and his many bad guys (who he does not fight around with, ahem) certainly travel in style! Take a look at this enigma of a vehicle.
TBB NEWS: We posted some cool instructions, our tribute to Carrie Fisher, and our create-a-calendar winners this week. Also, the LEGO Death Star set is still up for grabs!
- Winners of the TBB Create-a-Calendar contest – Indiana Jones, Futurama and Classic Space nabbed the top honors of our contest with some incredible microbuilds.
- New LEGO Speed Champions sets revealed – Take a look at these cool cars racing our way in 2017, including a Ford Le Mans GT40, Mercedes, Bugatti and a few Ferraris.
- Remembering Carrie Fisher (1956-2016) – Carrie Fisher certainly ranks near the top of the list of actors with the most minifigures based off them with a total of 16 so far. RIP Princess Leia.
- Build your own Oliver Twist pug dog and Dale Horvath’s Walking Dead RV – TBB has instructions for some of the cool things we feature on the site. Have fun building!
- Creations for Charity 2016 raises $14,000 in LEGO for needy kids – Read about the great results of a holiday fundraiser to send LEGO sets to needy kids.
- Win the LEGO Star Wars Death Star to celebrate TBB’s 100,000th follower – You still have time to follow us and enter the contest on our Facebook page to win a massive $500 set!
OTHER NEWS: There was a massive amount of LEGO news from other places around the web this week. Here are a few items we noticed and thought you might enjoy.
- Sean Kenney reveals new addition to his Nature Connects exhibition, SeanKenney.com – What can a designer and a team of builders do in 11 weeks and with nearly 10,000 LEGO pieces to help save an endangered animal? Build it as cute as possible!
- Cambridge University is looking for a professor of LEGO, Jobs UK – The LEGO Foundation is funding a LEGO Professorship of Play in Education, Development, and Learning at Cambridge University. If you are a scholar of early educational or developmental psychology and a LEGO fan, this could be the dream job for you!
- Star Wars: Rogue One’s final scene made out of LEGO, Nerdist – Spoiler alert! A superfan recreated the last scene from Rogue One when you-know-who shows up… and it is awesome.
- UK Channel 4 airs “A Big LEGO Christmas” program, Channel 4– Watch the entire program featuring the biggest-ever LEGO store in London and the creation of a massive Tower Bridge.
- LEGO creates school scenes for College Football Playoffs, @ESPNCFB – Marching bands, mascots and cheerleaders, oh my!
- Podcast about LEGO Worlds videogame, Knowledge@Wharton – Listen to this interview with professor David Robertson about how LEGO is building a non-brick empire.
- Kyoto cheese tart shop features counter made of LEGO, Dezeen Daily – Because who wouldn’t want cheese served to them on a LEGO slab?
- Notorious Lego stealing gang members arrested in Vancouver area, Cantech Letter – Hold on to your LEGO! There be thieves afoot…
That’s your Brick Report for the week. Have a happy new year, and we’ll catch up with you in 2017.