On Sunday we brought you a first look at the new Death Star set, and now LEGO has sent us the full details for 75159 Death Star, the newest in the Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series. The set is filled with iconic scenes from Star Wars that took place on the giant battle station, such as escaping the trash compactor and Luke’s duel with Darth Vader. The set will retail for $499.99 USD when it is available Sept. 30, and includes 4,016 pieces and 23 minifigures. Take a look below to read the full press release and to check out all the photos.
Keen-eyed readers will note that the model looks rather a lot like a previous Star Wars model, 10188 Death Star from 2008, which can often still be found for around $450. LEGO tells us:
The LEGO® Star Wars™ Death Star™ was a huge hit with fans when it launched in 2008 and we are excited to announce that we have made some awesome updates and improvements to this huge model! Our designers added over 200 bricks and elements as well as 3 new minifigures. This 2016 version offers a great building experience to both those fans who have the original set, and those who may be new to the LEGO® Star Wars™ universe.
75159 Death Star™
Ages 14+. 4,016 pieces.
US $499.99 – CA $599.99 – DE 499.99€ – UK £399.99 – DK 4499.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Win the battle for the Empire with the awesome Death Star!
Reenact amazing scenes from the Star Wars saga with the Empire’s ultimate planet-zapping weapon, the Death Star! With over 4,000 pieces, this fantastic model has a galaxy of intricate and authentic environments, including a superlaser control room, Imperial conference chamber, hangar bay with moving launch rack and Lord Vader’s TIE Advanced with space for Vader inside, Emperor Palpatine’s throne room, Droid maintenance room, detention block, trash compactor, tractor beam, cargo area, turbo laser with spring-loaded shooters and seats for the 2 Death Star Gunners, and 2 movable turbo laser towers. This fantastic set also includes 23 iconic minifigures and 2 Droids to ensure hours of Star Wars battle fun.
- Includes 23 minifigures: Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Imperial Navy Officer, Imperial Officer, 2 Stormtroopers, 2 Death Star Troopers, 2 Emperor’s Royal Guards, 2 Death Star Gunners, Death Star Droid, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, C-3PO, Han Solo, Han Solo (disguise), Luke Skywalker (Tatooine), Luke Skywalker (disguise) and Luke Skywalker (final duel), plus R2-D2, an Imperial Astromech and a Dianoga trash compactor monster.
- Features a superlaser control room, Imperial conference chamber, hangar bay with moving launch rack and detachable TIE Advanced with space for Lord Vader inside, Emperor Palpatine’s throne room, Droid maintenance room, detention block, trash compactor, tractor beam, cargo area, turbo laser with spring-loaded shooters and seats for the 2 Death Star gunners, and 2 movable turbo laser towers.
- Weapons include 3 Lightsabers, 4 blasters, 3 blaster pistols, 4 blaster rifles, 2 force pikes, 2 Force Lightning elements and a bowcaster.
- Load up and fire the turbo laser’s spring-loaded shooters to keep the rebels at bay.
- Maneuver Lord Vader’s TIE Advanced into position and prepare for launch.
- Battle the Royal Guard in the throne room and then take on Palpatine himself!
- Help Leia escape from the detention block and swing to safety with Luke across the chasm!
- Will Obi-Wan shut down the tractor beam and help the rebels defeat the Empire?
- Can you spot the Dianoga trash compactor monster?
- Recreate other unforgettable scenes from the classic Star Wars films.
- The perfect addition to any LEGO® Star Wars collection.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 14 and over.
- Measures over 16” (41cm) high, and 16” (42cm) wide.
Don’t miss our Flickr album with photos of all 23 minifigures!