70708 Hive Crawler is the largest insect vehicle from the Galaxy Squad line. It will be released in June of this year and contains 560 pieces priced at $59.99.
Here is my summary of the highlights of the set, which are elaborated in the review videos of the parts and the model.
- The crawling legs are an awesome play feature.
- The catapult is well-designed and fun to launch.
- New parts include the transparent pink pods, insect spawns, olive 1×2 curved slopes, and new/hard-to-find lime green and dark red parts.
- Sleek speeder design.
- Only 3 minifigs included and none are unique to the set.
- Colors look jumbled on the insect, I’m not a fan of the design of the middle section.
Overall, the Hive Crawler is a surprisingly fun set to play with despite not having the best looks. It is also a great parts pack for sci-fi builders with a satisfying array of new elements. Similar to other Galaxy Squad sets, it falls short in the number of minifigs included although it is the cheapest set to get the new 4-eyed alien commander. It is not a bad buy at $60, especially if you want to start building with the new parts right away or can’t wait to have a crawling menace to combat the space marines.