LEGO unveils yet another life-size sports car to add to their collection: Lamborghini Sián FKP 37. The model is made of more than 400,000 Technic pieces and weighs 2,200 kg. The model was created by 15 engineering and building specialists and took a total of 8,660 hours to develop and construct. To create it, 154 different types of LEGO Technic elements were used, and 20 of them were moulded just for this model.
The LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián with 3,696 pieces was released as a consumer set in 2020. While the dimensions of the playset is 57 x 37.5 x 15 cm (22.4 x 14.8 x 5.9 in), the 1:1 scaled vehicle replicates the actual version of the car with the dimensions of 4,980 x 2,101 x 1,133 mm (196 x 82.7 x 44.6 in). The head and tail lights are built entirely of Technic elements and will work as expected.
The Lamborghini Sián FKP 37’s UV color coating was applied by Automobili Lamborghini’s official paint shop which will ensure the shade will last a lifetime. The color is the same as its smaller LEGO official set. This is LEGO’s second grand launch to create a lifesize 1:1 replica. The first one, the Bugatti Chiron was revealed back in 2018.
It took the team 9 months of collaboration between the two companies engineering teams at the production facility in Kladno to create the replica.
The individual design is shaped by bespoke hexagonal LEGO Technic elements which plays homage to the six-sided shape in Automobili’s design language taking cues from the hexagonal taillights and exhaust shape on the Italian super sports car.
A promo video highlighting both the Lamborghini Sián side by side is featured below:
Life-sized LEGO® Technic™ Lamborghini Sían FKP 37 – Facts and Figures
- Over 400,000 LEGO® Technic™ pieces used in total
- 154 different types of LEGO Technic elements used, including 20 that were moulded specifically for this model
- Total weight: 2,200kg
- 8,660 hours spent on development and construction:
- 5,370 hours of development time
- 3,290 hours of production
- Created by 15 design, engineering and building specialists from our awesome team in Kladno, Czech Republic
- An exact replica: The build’s dimensions are identical to the real-life model: 4,980 mm long, 2,101mm wide and 1,133mm high
- Functioning head and tail lights built entirely from LEGO Technic elements
- First-of-a-kind paintbrush-effect coating applied by Lamborghini’s official car painter
A dedicated website is available with a semi-immersive experience and a 12-minute video featuring LEGO Senior Design Manager Jeppe Juul Jensen and Automobili Lamborghini representatives Mitja Bokert (Head of Design) and Eminel Hodzic (Senior Exterior Designer) and sharing the inspiration and collaboration between the two teams in a virtual workshop environment.
A gallery of images of the 1:1 scale build can be found below:
The gallery of behind-the-scenes work with the engineers of LEGO is as follows: