In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the third week of March 2021.
TBB NEWS & REVIEWS: This week we saw the kickoff of the new 2021 BrickLink AFOL Designer Program, built some cute DOTS tags for our luggage and reviewed the Technic Heavy Duty excavator!
- 2021 BrickLink AFOL Designer Program to give new legs to 31 LEGO Ideas 10k-club designs – Today BrickLink is kicking off the 2021 round of the AFOL Designer Program, featuring 31 LEGO Ideas sets that won 10,000 votes but didn’t pass the review stage.
- LEGO DOTS 41930 Bag Tag Panda – The latest wave of DOTS branches out from bracelets to include “bag tags” – cute, cubic animals that can be clipped onto a backpack or other things to add a bit of LEGO flair.
- LEGO Technic 42121 Heavy-Duty Excavator [Review] – Today we build and play with the new LEGO Technic 42121 Heavy-Duty Excavator to see if its great design can outweigh the flawed play features.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- Get ready for the LEGO Star Wars Minifigure Madness tournament!, StarWars.com – Vote for your favorite heroes and villains of a galaxy far, far away
- LEGO to launch three LEGO VIDIYO ad spots during ITV’s The Voice UK final, Toy News – The three 20 second spots – all of which will air during the first advertisement break of the final on Saturday, March 20th – will feature L.L.A.M.A, the first live action human version of a LEGO Minifigure
- Lego Brand Group hires ex-Spotify exec Cecilia Qvist to run venture arm, VentureBeat – As head of Lego Ventures, Qvist will help broaden the impact of the mission of learning through play.