In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the second week of August 2020.
We relive those heady days of sugar cereal, Capri Sun and hours of punching blocks with our review of the new LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System. Keep reading our Brick Report to get all the details.
TBB NEWS: This week we took a deep dive into LEGO Control Panels, reviewed three new sets including the Nintendo Entertainment System and the Crocodile Train, saw the reveal of a new LEGO Star Wars Holiday special streaming on Disney+ and more!
- LEGO Education joins consortium to accelerate STEAM learning in response to COVID-19 pandemic in the US – The LEGO Foundation, Intel, and CDW-G are partnering with non-profit First Book to create a grant program to bring new methods of digital learning to under-served children across the US.
- New LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special to stream on Disney+ – Get ready to celebrate Life Day again with an all-new Star Wars Holiday Special starring LEGO characters from across the Skywalker saga.
- A fascinating article on the UX design of LEGO control panels [Feature] – An insightful analysis of the User Experience design process of LEGO control panels by George Cave.
- LEGO 10277 Crocodile Locomotive [Review] – After a 7-year hiatus from the last standalone serious-looking train set, we take a look at the Crocodile Locomotive and share our thoughts.
- Is the LEGO 71374 Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) more than just a 1-UP of 1980’s Super Mario nostalgia? [Review & Video] – The answer is yes. Read our review to see why LEGO 71374 Nintendo Entertainment System may be one of the best LEGO sets of all time.
- LEGO Technic 42112 Concrete Mixer Truck [Review] – Let’s mix it up! The LEGO Technic line has lacked a concrete mixer for far too long…but set 42112 makes up for that lack in a big way.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- Orlando Bloom Shows Off His LEGO Room on THE TONIGHT SHOW, Nerdist – Apparently, Legolas is not LEGO-less.
- LEGO Game Steam Sale Includes LEGO Marvel’s Avengers, Lego Batman: The Videogame, And More, Player.One – Steam is hosting a special sale for LEGO games right now, with select games going for up to 80% off their original price.
- Celebrating 80 Years of LEGO, Smithsonian Magazine – Children and hobbyists rejoice – today is Lego’s 80th birthday
- Help! I spent the hottest weekend of the year grappling with the new Lego set from The Beatles, NME – It took a whole day, soundtracked by the deluxe version of ‘The White Album’.