In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the first week of July 2020.
This week, we got hands-on with the new Technic Lamborghini, looked at the new pop art mosaics line, got a tour of the Crocodile Locomotive and more. Keep reading our Brick Report to get all the details.
TBB NEWS: This week we looked at the announcement of a new pop art mosaics line and had many new sets go on sale from Disney to Marvel, Friends to trains.
- LEGO Art revealed as mosaic sets of The Beatles, Marilyn Monroe, Star Wars Sith and Iron Man The new LEGO Art product line includes mosaic collections featuring portraits of pop art icons, musicians, and heroes and villains from film.
- LEGO Friends sets with cute animals and National Geographic partnership now available in the Americas – Cute animals alert! The LEGO Friends summer jungle theme is now available in the US and Canada.
- New LEGO Marvel sets now available in the U.S. and Canada including 76165 Iron Man Helmet – LEGO Marvel sets including the golden Iron Man Helmet, Avengers Tower and Helicarrier are now available in the Americas.
- LEGO 10277 Crocodile Locomotive now available for purchase – The LEGO Crocodile Locomotive is rolling into the train station, available now from the LEGO Store online.
- LEGO Disney 43179 Mickey and Minnie Mouse available for pre-order – Mickey and Minnie Mouse in buildable LEGO form are now available, including new pieces, a new color, and even black space helmets as a blast from the past.
- Ninjago 71721: Skull Sorcerer’s Dragon [Review] – Wu’s Battle Dragon is tough, but there’s an even bigger dragon in the summer 2020 Ninjago line. Check out our hands-on review of this new massive set.
- The LEGO Technic 42115 Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 rolls in: the good, the bad, and the ugly – Lamborghini’s first-ever hybrid is here, and we’re taking a look at the 3,700-piece LEGO Technic model of this bright green Italian speed demon.
MORE TBB NEWS: We also got a tour of a Crocodile and a virtual Pride Parade this week, along with a preview of some upcoming LEGO City sets.
- LEGO 10277 Crocodile Locomotive designer takes us for a ride – LEGO Designer Pierre Normandin gives us a tour of the new Crocodile Locomotive, available now.
- New LEGO City Police summer sets revealed include a runaway speedboat, a driller and lighthouse arrest – We get a first look at three more City Police summer releases that include a lighthouse scene, boat chase and a drill based heist.
- GayFOLs Virtual Pride Parade 2020 – Who doesn’t love an awesome parade?! Our good friends from the online LEGO community GayFOLs have shared this wonderful virtual Pride Parade.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- LEGO pulls ads on Facebook over ‘hate speech’, BBC News – LEGO has become the latest big name to join an advertising boycott on social-media platforms.
- Bionicle: How Comics Brought the LEGO Franchise to Life, CBR – The story of Bionicle was told over multiple mediums, but perhaps the most important storytelling platform for the franchise was the comic books.
- From Asia to Africa, ‘Sesame Street’ special tackles coronavirus pandemic, Reuters – “Elmo’s World News” is a collaboration with the LEGO Foundation.
- Two years later, Maryland’s ‘LEGO Turtle’ has recovered from shell fractures, USA Today – A turtle’s long road to recovery, which included a custom LEGO wheelchair, finally came to an end when he was set free in a Baltimore park.
- ‘LEGO Masters’ Host Will Arnett on the Show’s Family-Friendly Appeal, and When to Expect Season 2, Variety – Variety‘s Awards HQ newsletter recently spoke to host Arnett about what made the show special, and what’s hopefully to come.
- Endlessly Looping LEGO Marble Run Is a Soothing Sight, Nerdist – JK Brickworks has created a LEGO marble run and thanks to its use of a little motorized elevator, it is endlessly loopable and endlessly soothing.