In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the last week of June 2020.
LEGO Ideas announced that Seinfeld, Home Alone and a typewriter will become new sets, and we got a hands-on look at the newest Disney, Ninjago, Jurassic World and Technic sets. Read on to see everything you may have missed from the week.
TBB REVIEWS: We got an early look at upcoming Disney, Ninjago, Technic and Jurassic Worl sets, and the baby dinos stole the show!
- Review of LEGO 43179 Mickey & Minnie Mouse Buildable Characters – Who’s the leader of the fun for all the family? And what does this iconic duo look like ion the inside?
- Review of LEGO 71705 Ninjago Legacy: Destiny’s Bounty – The Destiny’s Bounty is back! This Legacy Edition of the Ninja’s HQ ship is a redux of the original set from 2012, and we’re taking a look at how LEGO has upgraded it from 680 pieces to almost 1,800.
- Review of LEGO 42107 Ducati Panigale V4 R motorcycle – Is the Technic Ducati Panigale V4 R superbike really super? Read on to find out.
- Review of LEGO Jurassic World 75939 Dr. Wu’s Lab: Baby Dinosaurs Breakout – Baby dinosaurs have never been this cute! Check out our review of probably the best LEGO Jurassic World set of this summer.
TBB FEATURES: The Brothers Brick is celebrating Pride Month with a series of articles exploring LGBT+ LEGO topics, plus some instructions for the cutest Razorcrest ever.
- Pride, visibility and LEGO Masters: My experience as an LGBTQ+ LEGO fan – In celebration of Pride, TBB’s own Flynn De Marco kicks shares his experience as a gay LEGO fan, including appearing on national TV with his husband on LEGO Masters.
- Pride & LEGO: LGBTQ+ LEGO fans in their own words – It’s Pride Week, and we are celebrating diversity in the LEGO hobby by sharing stories of a variety of LGBT+ builders.
- Instructions to build The Razorcrest – chibi style – hachiroku24 shows us how to build our very own model of The Mandalorian’s ship.
TBB LEGO SET NEWS: The new LEGO set announcements keep on coming with new Technic, National Geographic City and Friends, and LEGO Ideas sets on the horizon.
- LEGO reveals Seinfeld, Home Alone and a working typewriter will become next fan-inspired Ideas sets – LEGO is doubling down on nostalgia with the next three Ideas sets.
- LEGO and National Geographic partner to inspire kids about the environment and conservation – LEGO and National Geographic are bringing kids a menagerie of new animals to inspire them to be more environmentally conscious.
- LEGO Technic Summer 2020 sets fully revealed – Upcoming vehicles feature a Concrete Mixer Truck, a Boeing Osprey and a Volvo Truck.
- LEGO 40411 Creative Fun 12-in-1 promotional set for July revealed – LEGO’s gift-with-purchase for July is a summertime 12-in-1 rebuild kit with purchases of at least US $85.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- How LEGO Turned the Monkey King into the Monkie Kid, IGN – Simon Lucas, Senior Creative Director at LEGO, talks about how they brought LEGO Monkie Kid to life.
- LEGO Masters Producer Anthony Dominici reveals lessons learned from season one, Deadline – “It’s surprisingly difficult logistically because there were literally 3.3 million LEGO bricks on set—and crazy enough, that wasn’t enough.”
- How Bionicle saved LEGO, Popular Mechanics – [Subscription required] How a brain tumor inspired Bionicle, one of the most popular toys of a generation.
- Stop-Motion LEGO Pizza Offers Smart Way to ‘Bake’ the Bricks, Nerdist – Korean YouTuber Bebop Stop Motion has cooks up a pizza LEGO-style.
- New LEGO flagship store opens in Hangzhou, China, LEGO – Located at Hubin, the 527-square-meter store is the fourth LEGO flagship store opened in China.
- LEGO Stem-themed pop-up store launched in Hong Kong, Inside Retail – Located at Hubin, the 527-square-meter store is the fourth LEGO flagship store opened in China.
- NINJAGO: Master of the Mountain – Official Trailer, YouTube – The ninja are invited to the beautiful Shintaro Kingdom but soon uncover a dark, forgotten underworld.