In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the second week of January 2019.
TBB NEWS & REVIEWS: 2019 is off to a great start with new LEGO Star Wars sets and the finale our our helicopter building series.
- Review of LEGO Star Wars 75229 Death Star Escape – The Death Star Escape is an iconic scene from Star Wars: A New Hope. Does this LEGO playset meet the mark? Get your grappling hooks ready and swing right in to find out.
- Review of LEGO Star Wars 75235 X-Wing Starfighter Trench Run – We take a look at the debut of the X-Wing from the new 4+ range of series catering to a younger audience. Does it need to be in your complete Star Wars collection?
- FEATURE: How to build a Pave Low helicopter with LEGO: Part 3 – In the final installment of his three-part series, TBB’s Builder in Residence Ralph unveils his completed LEGO Pave Low helicopter. We can finally “get to the choppa!”
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- Giant LEGO Ninjago City created by 30 people, YouTube – Beyond the Brick’s Joshua Hanlon talks with Daniel Fortine about the LEGO Ninjago City collaboration organized by The Brothers Brick at BrickCon 2018.
- Meet the biggest LEGO experts and super-builders in the world, SyFy – TBB’s Editor in Chief Andrew Becraft tells us about his LEGO journey in this SyFy podcast, from being a kid playing on his bedroom floor to author and master builder and LEGO fan community member.
- Madame Tussauds-owner Merlin to build Legoland Park in South Korea – CNA Lifestyle –Madame Tussauds-owner Merlin Entertainments has entered into a partnership agreement to build a Legoland theme park in South Korea by 2022.
- Meet the world’s fastest LEGO Bughatti Chiron, YouTube – Donut Media souped up the LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron to go faster than the real thing (accounting for scale).