In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the first week of November 2018.
TBB NEWS: LEGO Overwatch made a splash announcing surprise pre-orders while the LEGO Ideas Pop-Up Book went on sale.
- LEGO Overwatch sets unveiled at BlizzCon, available for pre-order now – Theline contains six sets that are available for pre-order immediately, shipping on January 1st.
- 9-foot tall LEGO Overwatch D.Va and her mech tower over BlizzCon – The gigantic build uses more than 43,000 pink bricks to create the iconic character from Overwatch.
- LEGO Ideas Pop-Up Book and Xtra Accessory Bags now available – New LEGO sets for November include the LEGO Ideas Pop-Up Book and new Xtra Accessory Bags.
- Interview with LEGO Ideas Pop-Up Book fan designers Grant Davis and Jason Allemann – The set co-designers reveal their behind-the-scenes secrets of working together.
- Review of LEGO Harry Potter 40289 Diagon Alley – The set includes 374 pieces and one minifigure, and will be available between November 9 and 21 with orders over $99 USD.
- Instructions to Build your very own BrickHeadz Brick-o’-Lantern – LEGO fan stormythos created instructions to build a Halloween character using pieces from Go Brick Me.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- LEGO debuts first Christmas campaign from internal agency, AdAge – The Lego Group released its first-ever Christmas campaign created by the Lego Agency, the brand’s recently created in-house agency.
- LEGO Masters Series 2 Starts this Week, Gizmodo – Ready to brick it? LEGO Masters is about to start its second series on November 6th at 8pm on Channel 4 in the UK.
- LEGO Looks at the History of Mickey and Minnie Mouse As Told Through DUPLO, Laughing Place – With Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday just around the corner, LEGO is paying homage to with a timeline of Mickey and Minnie’s history as told through DUPLO.
- LEGO DUPLO releases reimagined stop-motion video of Disney’s 1931 animated short “The Birthday Party”, Inside the Magic – LEGO DUPLO has released a stop-motion video featuring an updated take on the 1931 classic Disney animated short “The Birthday Party.”